Nawaz felicitates tribals on extension of SC, PHC jurisdiction to FATA
"I congratulate the tribal nation on an era of its constitutional, legal, and democratic rights," Nawaz said in a statement on Saturday.
In a landmark development on Friday, the National Assembly on Friday passed the Supreme Court and High Court [Extension of Jurisdiction to Federally Administered Tribal Areas] Bill, 2017 to the utter surprise and consternation of one of its ally, the Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam-Fazl (JUI-F).
The proposed legislation aims at extending jurisdiction of the higher courts to tribal areas “for safeguarding their rights and ensuring them proper administration of justice in accordance with the Constitution.”
The Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz president said the long-standing demand of FATA people to be brought within the ambit of Pakistan's constitution has finally been fulfilled. “A strong foundation of ending the deprivations of FATA residents has been laid.
"We will heal the wounds [of the FATA people]," he added.
- Pakistan allows AstraZeneca shots for expats under 4009:33 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- COAS Bajwa presides over Formation Commanders’ Conference08:52 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Sindh earmarks Rs22.8 billion for college education08:22 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Feroze Khan opens up about second marriage04:07 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Mehwish Hayat wants the Muslim misrepresentation in movies to change05:10 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Lost Cause - Alizeh Shah is a Billie Eilish fan girl03:21 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021