Ghazal King "Mehdi Hassan" remembered on fourth death anniversary
KARACHI (Web Desk) - The fourth death anniversary of ‘King of Ghazal’ Mehdi Hassan is being observed on Monday (Today).
Mehdi Hassan was born on 18 July 1927 in India. In 1957, after working in a bicycle shop in Chichawatni, Mehdi Hassan was given the opportunity to sing on Radio Pakistan‚ which earned him recognition within the musical fraternity. He then began singing ghazals on a part time basis.
His extraordinary performance of Faiz Ahmed Faiz’s, ‘Gullon Mein Rang Bhare’ gave him a major break and he never looked back after that.
A host of other numbers like ‘Ik Husn Ki Devi Se Mujhe Pyar Hua Tha’ and ‘Jab Koi Pyaar Se Bulaye Ga, Tum Ko Ek Shakhs Yaad Aye Ga’ are also equally memorable. He sang for over 300 films during his musical career.
He was honored with numerous civilian awards including Nishan-e-Imtiaz, Tamgha-e-Imtiaz, Pride of Performance and Hilal-e-Imtiaz by the Government of Pakistan.
Hassan died on June 13, 2012 after a protracted illness in Karachi.
- Govt will ensure Pakistan fulfills its enormous maritime potential, ...01:22 PM | 15 Aug, 2020
- Seven-day anti-polio drive starts across Sindh12:36 PM | 15 Aug, 2020
- Private schools in KP reopened after five months closure12:14 PM | 15 Aug, 2020
- Toshakhana reference: Nawaz challenges NAB's summoning in IHC11:37 AM | 15 Aug, 2020
- COAS, Bill Gates discuss Pakistan's Covid-19 response, resumption of ...10:59 AM | 15 Aug, 2020
- Momina Mustehsan, Muneeb Butt call out Kangana Ranaut for spreading ...05:43 PM | 14 Aug, 2020
- Abida Parveen, Ali Zafar and Humayun Saeed among others honoured ...04:39 PM | 14 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020