Supreme Court accepts Khadija Siddiqui’s appeal against LHC verdict in stab case
Hussain, a former classmate of the victim girl, was ordered to submit a bond amounting to Rs0.1 million during the Wednesday’s hearing.
Earlier, the case was transferred to Justice Asif Saeed Khosa of the Supreme Court.
Chief Justice of Pakistan Mian Saqib Nisar had summoned the case’s record on Tuesday, a day after the LHC acquitted Shah Hussain of all charges.
The LHC verdict in the case had shocked the nation that had supported the law student’s fight for justice after being stabbed 23 times.
After the verdict which gives the attacker a clean chit, Khadija had announced that she would challenge it in the top court.
Siddiqui, a law student, who was allegedly attacked by her class fellow, Shah Husain, on May 3, 2016, near Shimla Hill, Lahore where she along with her driver had gone to pick her younger sister from school.
Both sisters were about to get into their car when the helmet-wearing suspect Hussain attacked Khadija with a knife and stabbed her 23 times leaving her critically injured.
She was saved by her driver, who had tried to overpower the attacker, forcing him to flee from the scene.
A few days later, the injured Khadija had identified her attacker and got him booked on charges of attempted murder.
Civil Lines police had registered a case against Shah Husain who is the son of lawyer Tanvir Hashmi.
- T20 World Cup: Namibia win toss and opt to field first against ...03:08 PM | 20 Oct, 2021
- vivo announces the launch of X70 Pro in Pakistan02:34 PM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Rachel Levine sworn in as first openly transgender four-star admiral ...01:34 PM | 20 Oct, 2021
- SC decides to probe delay in local bodies’ restoration in Punjab01:08 PM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Daler Mehndi wishes Eid Milad-un-Nabi to Muslim fans06:33 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Kumail Nanjiani dressed up in a Pakistani designer at Eternals ...02:00 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Ayeza Khan’s new fashion look gets trolled by netizens05:25 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021