Another Careem driver killed in Islamabad car snatching incident
"We sadly announce that our Captain Sajawal Ameer was killed last night at 10:35 pm in a car snatching incident," reads the statement issued on Tuesday.
Islamabad police arrest Careem captain's 'killer' 09:41 AM | 26 Feb, 2018
ISLAMABAD – Islamabad police have rounded up the passenger who allegedly killed a Careem, a ride-hailing service, ...
The company has urged authorities to take strict notice of these incidents and enhance efforts to drastically improve the safety of citizens.
"The whole Careem team stands with them [family] in this very tough time," the statement said, adding that due compensation will also be provided to the family.
The company also urged lawmakers to take note of this deteriorating security situation in Islamabad and immediately take steps to improve the situation.
On Feb 22, Junaid Mustafa, a 26-year-old Careem captain, was killed by the person who booked a ride for Sector G-13 of Islamabad. The captain was working with the ride-hailing service for past three months.
The police have nabbed the suspect, identified as 25-year-old Attaullah. The suspected killer fired three bullets at the captain named Junaid Mustafa after he shown resistance over the robbery attempt, leaving him dead on the spot.
- WHO member states reach consensus on future pandemic treaty10:30 PM | 29 Nov, 2021
- Profile: Who is Malik Riaz, the owner of Bahria Town?10:12 PM | 29 Nov, 2021
- New Zealand MP rides cycle to hospital to give birth10:02 PM | 29 Nov, 2021
- Pakistan, Morocco hold joint naval exercise in Atlantic Ocean09:37 PM | 29 Nov, 2021
- Passenger caught with 3.5kg heroin at Islamabad airport08:43 PM | 29 Nov, 2021
- Hania Aamir spotted enjoying Asim Azhar's concert in Karachi06:21 PM | 29 Nov, 2021
- Juvaria Abbasi and Anoushey Abbasi's mother passes away05:30 PM | 29 Nov, 2021
- Bakhtawar Bhutto Zardari shares new adorable photo with son Mir Hakim04:45 PM | 29 Nov, 2021