Meet Manmeet Kaur - Pakistan’s first Sikh female news reporter
LAHORE - A newly launched private television channel has employed a Sikh woman as news reporter for the first time in the history of country.
Manmeet Kaur, who is a resident of Peshawar city, joined Hum News on Saturday. She completed her masters in social sciences from Peshawar University. She has four siblings.
She will be seen reporting on the issues of human rights, minorities , local communities and non-governmental organizations.
Talking to reporters in Lahore, the 24-year-old said although the media is not her field, she accepted the job to prove herself.
"In our country (Pakistan), most of the Sikh girls prefer to sit at homes after completing their formal education," Kaur said while urging her community to step into the practical field.
"I want to serve my country as a journalist and want to show the world that we [Sikh women] are also talented."
Pakistani Sikh girl outshines thousands in Matric ... 07:07 PM | 1 Aug, 2015
LAHORE (Web Desk) - Manbir Kaur, 15, has become the first girl from the minority Sikh community to top the ...
- Nawaz Sharif expected to travel for London in 48 hours11:13 AM | 17 Nov, 2019
- Railways Minister inaugurates Safari tourism train in Rawalpindi10:08 AM | 17 Nov, 2019
- National economy back on track, says Hafeez Shaikh09:24 AM | 17 Nov, 2019
- Nawaz ECL case: Federal Cabinet to decide about filing appeal against ...08:44 AM | 17 Nov, 2019
- I was hypersexualised as a teenager in Hollywood: Scarlett Johansson03:10 PM | 16 Nov, 2019
- Mira Sethi marries childhood friend02:42 PM | 16 Nov, 2019
- Here's how fans have reacted to Hamza Ali Abbasi's decision to quit ...02:07 PM | 16 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019
- Google releases the list of most popular Pakistani YouTube Ads of 201803:31 PM | 25 Jan, 2019