Trump vows to deport 3 million illegal immigrants immediately
In an interview to be broadcast Sunday, Trump said as many as three million could be removed after he will take office.
“What we are going to do is get the people that are criminal and have criminal records, gang members, drug dealers, where a lot of these people, probably two million, it could be even three million -- we are getting them out of our country or we are going to incarcerate,” Trump said in an excerpt released ahead of broadcast by CBS's 60 Minutes program.
The billionaire real estate baron made security at the US-Mexico border a central plank of his insurgent presidential campaign, which resulted in last Tuesday's election victory against his Democratic rival Hillary Clinton.
Trump added that the barrier to be erected on the US border with Mexico may not consist entirely of brick and mortar, but that fencing could be used in some areas.
“There could be some fencing,” Trump says in his first primetime interview since being elected president last week.
“But (for) certain areas, a wall is more appropriate. I'm very good at this, it's called construction,” he tells CBS.
- Hira Mani is in love with Naseebo Lal's voice!04:10 PM | 30 Jun, 2022
- realme C35 brings solid quality with TUV Rheinland High-Reliability ...03:47 PM | 30 Jun, 2022
- Dania Shah’s new vlog draws severe criticism02:47 PM | 30 Jun, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022
- 42 Pakistani universities make it to Times Higher Education Asia ...07:52 PM | 1 Jun, 2022
- Four Pakistanis make it to Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia List 202209:53 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022