PML-N rejects conditional permission for Nawaz Sharif’s treatment abroad
ISLAMABAD – The Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) on Wednesday rejected the government's decision to grant four weeks to ailing former prime minister Nawaz Sharif for his treatment abroad against the submission of indemnity bonds.
Terming it a decision based on political revenge, PML-N spokesperson Maryam Aurangzeb lashed out at the government for demanding surety bonds worth Rs 7 billion from the Sharif family against one-time permission.
Earlier today, the Federal Cabinet's sub-committee formally approved the removal of ailing former prime minister Nawaz Sharif 's name from the no-fly list on a temporary basis.
'One time permission': Pakistan allows Nawaz ... 05:28 PM | 13 Nov, 2019
ISLAMABAD - The Federal Cabinet's sub-committee on Wednesday formally approved the removal of ailing former prime ...
The Sharif family "must submit an amount of Rs7 billion as a guarantee for the satisfaction of additional secretary to the Ministry of Interior" if they want to leave the country, Federal Law Minister Farogh Naseem said at a press conference.
Aurangzeb went on to say, "The government will be held responsible if anything happens to Nawaz Sharif". She added that using delaying tactics in this matter were tantamount to play with the life of the party's supreme leader.
Nawaz Sharif was freed on bail last month after his jail sentence was temporarily suspended on medical grounds.
Sharif, 69, received a seven-year jail sentence for corruption and money laundering in 2018 in Al-Azizia graft case, but his health has recently deteriorated and doctors recommended him to go abroad for advanced treatment. PML-N President Shehbaz Sharif had moved the interior ministry to remove his brother's name from the no-fly list.
- French prime minister resigns01:13 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Hayme Ana from Diriliş: Ertuğrul is a phenomenal actress: Aisha ...12:38 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Better compliance of SOPs by people helped to contain spread of ...12:37 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Bollywood choreographer Saroj Khan passes away at 7110:50 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Kashmiri lives also matter, says Mehwish Hayat10:15 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020