Imran Khan vows to quit politics after disqualification
ISLAMABAD - Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf Chairman Imran Khan vowed on Thursday that he would bid farewell to politics if he is disqualified by the Supreme Court in a case pending before it.
In an interview to a private television channel, the PTI supremo expressed that they (PML -N) sought his disqualification either through the Supreme Court or the Election Commission adding that even anti-terrorism courts were after him.
Regarding the Pakistan's foreign policy, he stated that Khawaja Asif was too incompetent to hold the office of the foreign ministry.
In response to a query about electricity and gas crisis, the cricketer-turned-politician said that fossil fuels were being charged with tax, time and again due to the 'oppressive policies of Nawaz Sharif and Ishaq Dar'.
It is relevant to mention that the Election Commission of Pakistan issued non-bailable arrest warrants against Imran Khan in the contempt of court case.
Moreover, the Supreme Court recently wrapped up hearings on a petition filed by PML-N leader seeking the disqualification of Imran Khan for not declaring assets.
The top court would announce the verdict in Imran Khan's disqualification case after completing the proceedings regarding PTI's central leader Jahangir Tareen's disqualification case.
- FM Qureshi inaugurates new Pakistan embassy building in Doha11:23 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- PSL 2020 – Match 11: Peshawar Zalmi beat Lahore Qalandars by 16 runs11:13 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- At least 30 dead, dozens injured in Rohri train crash11:07 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- UN alarmed after ongoing anti-Muslim violence leaves 42 dead in India10:54 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Fracture rules Bismah Maroof out of ICC Women’s T20 World Cup 202010:41 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Canada will no longer pay for Harry and Meghan's security03:56 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Here's what Navin Waqar does to stay fit03:36 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Scientists think they know how stress causes grey hair03:04 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019