By-election for 35 constituencies across country to be held on Sunday
ISLAMABAD - The by-polls on 35 constituencies across the country will be held tomorrow (Sunday) as over 9.9 million ballot papers have been printed for the purpose.
Over 100 candidates, including some big names of politics, are contesting for 35 national and provincial assembly seats in these by-elections.
The seats include 11 from National Assembly, nine from Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) Assembly, 11 from Punjab and two each from Balochistan and Sindh assemblies.
According to Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP), over 5 million registered voters, 2.3 million women and over 2.7 million men, will cast their votes.
By-polls: 1,700 polling stations declared highly ... 10:58 AM | 13 Oct, 2018
ISLAMABAD - Ahead of the by-elections on Oct 14, the Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) has completed the security ...
The campaign time for the candidates ended on Friday midnight as they increased the pace of their campaigns during past week.
ECP spokesperson stated that the ballot papers have been handed over to the presiding officers under the supervision of army personnel.
“641 candidates submitted their nomination papers for the by-elections but only 372 will be contesting in the by-elections,” the spokesperson further said.
By-elections 2018: Here are few guidelines to ... 04:34 PM | 13 Oct, 2018
LAHORE - The by-polls on 35 constituencies across the country will be held tomorrow (Sunday) as over 9.9 million ...
NA 131 Lahore
The seat was earlier won by incumbent Prime Minister Imran Khan. The nation saw a tight contest between PTI’s Imran Khan and PML-N’s Khawaja Saad Rafique. Khan won the seat by a slight margin of 680 votes in the general election held on July 25.
Meanwhile, former prime minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi will face PTI’s Ghulam Mohiuddin in NA-124.
With 533,497 registered voters this constituency in Lahore was won by PML-N’s Hamza Shehbaz Sharif who vacated it for a provincial assembly seat.
In Karachi, PTI is expected to face tough competition from its ally Muttahida Qaumi Movement-Pakistan (MQM-P).
Overseas Pakistanis to vote online in October 14 ... 06:52 PM | 12 Oct, 2018
ISLAMABAD - For the first time in the history of Pakistan, overseas Pakistanis will be able to vote in the elections ...
This will be the first time that overseas Pakistanis will cast their votes in the by-polls.
- UAE allows citizens, residents to travel abroad09:53 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- COAS Bajwa expresses grief over loss of lives in Sheikhupura train ...09:04 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Private college teacher arrested for allegedly raping, filming ...08:13 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan set to get first ever space museum in 8 months07:09 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Samina Peerzada pays her respects to the late Saroj Khan03:22 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Bollywood choreographer Saroj Khan passes away at 7110:50 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Kashmiri lives also matter, says Mehwish Hayat10:15 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020