Bahria University contributes Rs2.7 million to dams fund
The university’s administration said Thursday that they were “pleased to donate to this national cause, which is essential for the survival of people and economy of Pakistan”.
Bahria University Rector Vice Admiral (r) Muhammad Shafiq said that the Strategic Plan of Bahria University, prepared in line with the Vision 2025 of HEC, supports the fight against socio-economic issues of the country, including water crisis and environmental degradation.
He further added that dams are the need of the hour and should be constructed on war-footings at all possible/feasible locations on the country.
The scarcity of water shall pose one of the most dangerous threats to Pakistan’s national security in years ahead if the issue is not addressed today, he added.
Rs 3.023 billion received in PM-CJ Dams Fund 09:07 PM | 12 Sep, 2018
ISLAMABAD - The Prime Minister and Chief Justice of Pakistan Dams Fund received a total of Rs 3.023 billion till ...
So far, the Dams Fund has received more than three billion rupees.
The fund witnessed a boost after the recent speech of Prime Minister Imran Khan who urged the nation to donate generously for the construction of Diamer-Bhasha and Mohmand dams. In a televised address to the nation on September 7, Prime Minister Imran Khan made an impassioned appeal to all Pakistanis, particularly overseas diaspora to generously donate funds to help the Country build dams.
Some Rs 906.2 million was received in the fund on September 11, the State Bank said.
Meanwhile, the SBP in a circular directed the banks not to charge any service fee including interchange fee, merchant discount rate, transaction fee etc on the donations/payments made to the dam fund through payment cards (debit, credit or prepaid cards).
- Nation remembers war hero Major Akram on 50th martyrdom anniversary10:53 AM | 5 Dec, 2021
- M-Tag made mandatory for all vehicles on M2 motorway10:26 AM | 5 Dec, 2021
- PML-N, PPP lock horns as polling begins for NA-133 by-election09:51 AM | 5 Dec, 2021
- Covid-19 claims 6 lives, infects 372 more in 24 hours09:29 AM | 5 Dec, 2021
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:09 AM | 5 Dec, 2021
- WATCH – Shahveer Jafry and Ayesha Beig share details of how they ...08:21 PM | 4 Dec, 2021
- Katrina Kaif and Vicky Kaushal's wedding 'confirmed'11:26 PM | 4 Dec, 2021
- Celebrities dazzle at James Bond-themed party in Karachi04:33 PM | 4 Dec, 2021