Pakistan's first transgender designer has launched her own line of luxury pret
She has launched her first-ever luxury pret line ‘Surkhaabi’, which would be the first venture by a transgender as a designer in Pakistan.
“I am finding it hard to believe that my own clothing line is being launched,” she said. “Everyone who underestimated me, including my very own family, ultimately led me to where and who I am today.”
Maya and Fouzia, her business partner, are all set to promote women empowerment. “It is basically a newly-formed partnership of cisgendered and transgender women. The unique thing about Surkhaabi is that it’s for women of all ages and sizes. The idea behind it is to promote body positivity and diversity and discourage body shaming,” said the 24-year-old.
Best of luck to you, Maya!
- Jhang Assistant Commissioner gunned down over enmity in Chiniot02:29 PM | 5 Dec, 2021
- Pakistan dispatches free medicines worth Rs25mn to Afghanistan12:55 PM | 5 Dec, 2021
- At least 13 civilians shot dead by Indian army in case of 'mistaken ...12:24 PM | 5 Dec, 2021
- Meesha Shafi, mother file petition for apology in Ali Zafar ...11:59 PM | 4 Dec, 2021
- WATCH – Shahveer Jafry and Ayesha Beig share details of how they ...08:21 PM | 4 Dec, 2021