Bride's mother objects long hair, groom cancels wedding
The groom was posing for a photograph with his bride when his mother-in-law noticed his long hair which he was tying on his neck.
When she asked him to have a haircut, he said he would do soon after the wedding, prompting the woman to insist on the haircut before the marriage.
“My mother then started to argue with my groom and his mother, who then swore at her. She grabbed my hand and asked me ‘either me or him,” the bride said, quoted by the Saudi state TV channel ‘Alikhbariya’.
“I chose my mother, of course. My groom then said that he would not accept any condition from any one and immediately he divorced me.”
The unnamed bride from the Saudi capital Riyadh said she still could not believe her marriage was disrupted so easily just because of “a lock of hair”.
- Pakistan extends Benazir Kafalat Programme to transgender community11:17 PM | 3 Dec, 2022
- Security forces kill terrorist commander in North Waziristan10:50 PM | 3 Dec, 2022
- Iqra Aziz has the sweetest birthday wish for Yasir Hussain10:25 PM | 3 Dec, 2022
- Emirati themed Jazz and Opera concerts captivate visitors to ...09:59 PM | 3 Dec, 2022
- 'Mastermind' of Sidhu Moose Wala’s murder detained in USA07:56 PM | 3 Dec, 2022
- Armeena Khan claps back at haters trolling her for her maternity ...09:22 PM | 3 Dec, 2022
- Karachi among world’s least expensive cities in new report09:30 PM | 2 Dec, 2022
- Timeline of Pakistan Army Generals during country’s 75 year-long ...10:28 AM | 29 Nov, 2022
- Only two Pakistani universities make it to Asia’s top 10003:15 PM | 10 Nov, 2022
- Pakistanis named among 'The World's Most Influential 500 Muslims'10:16 PM | 2 Nov, 2022