Bride's mother objects long hair, groom cancels wedding
The groom was posing for a photograph with his bride when his mother-in-law noticed his long hair which he was tying on his neck.
When she asked him to have a haircut, he said he would do soon after the wedding, prompting the woman to insist on the haircut before the marriage.
“My mother then started to argue with my groom and his mother, who then swore at her. She grabbed my hand and asked me ‘either me or him,” the bride said, quoted by the Saudi state TV channel ‘Alikhbariya’.
“I chose my mother, of course. My groom then said that he would not accept any condition from any one and immediately he divorced me.”
The unnamed bride from the Saudi capital Riyadh said she still could not believe her marriage was disrupted so easily just because of “a lock of hair”.
- Historic as 4-year-old Pakistani girl becomes youngest Microsoft ...06:26 PM | 23 Apr, 2021
- IHC rejects plea seeking cancellation of O/A level exams06:08 PM | 23 Apr, 2021
- PM Imran inaugurates Kohsar University in Murree05:20 PM | 23 Apr, 2021
- PAKvZIM: Zimbabwe beat Pakistan by 19 runs in second T20I05:19 PM | 23 Apr, 2021
- Queen Elizabeth II shares a thankful note on 95th birthday03:38 PM | 23 Apr, 2021
- Actress Sumbul Shahid in critical condition after contracting Covid-1910:01 AM | 23 Apr, 2021
- Celebrity babies born in 202105:19 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021