Georgia mayor dies after being shot in head
Terry Greene was found lying on the floor of his home Sunday night by Georgia Bureau of Investigation officials with a gunshot wound to his head, the UPI reported.
His wife was in the house when the shooting occurred.
Greene was taken to Habersham Medical Center in nearby Demorest, then airlifted to Atlanta Medical Center, where he died.
Sheriff Joey Terrell of the Habersham County, Georgia, Sheriff's Office said officials believe the shooting was the result of a domestic dispute. No arrests were made.
The city of Clarkesville is about 80 miles northeast of Atlanta, near Georgia's border with North Carolina.
Greene, a graduate of the University of Georgia and the Medical College of Georgia, was a doctor with a private practice in Habersham County, and was elected to the Clarkesville's zoning commission and city council before becoming mayor in 2005.
- PTI minister tells why PM Imran can’t expel French ambassador11:55 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- 12 security personnel taken hostage by TLP protesters recovered: ...10:53 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Marastyal – KPK launches mobile app to lodge complaints against ...08:38 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Unknown persons booked for disrespecting 'King Priest' at Mohenjo-Daro08:04 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Aamir Liaquat takes a terrible fall during race in Ramadan show ...06:19 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Imran Abbas appointed goodwill ambassador by Turkey03:19 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Arjun Rampal, Neil Nitin Mukesh test positive for Covid-1902:01 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021