'Pakistan can survive without playing against India'
“If India doesn’t want to play us then that’s fine, we can also survive without playing them,” Akram told media on Monday.
He said the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) should not even think about boycotting World T20, which is taking place in India next year, as that is an ICC event, and the repercussions of such an act will harm Pakistan cricket in the long run.
“The World T20 is an ICC event and we should participate in it at all costs. If we don’t it will harm us in the long run.
“Not playing in the World T20 will only affect our players and our cricket.”
The left-arm great, who is the second highest wicket taker in the ODI format, blamed the Indians for taking too long to decide about the series, and also urged their authorities to understand that playing or not playing cricket will not solve the problem of terrorism.
“I realise that the Indians have taken too long to decide on the bilateral series with Pakistan,” said Akram.
“The problem of terrorism will not be affected whether we play or not.”
However, the 49-year-old remains hopeful of the chances of the series in the near future.
“Even if it does not happen now, it will happen soon,” concluded Akram.
- Pakistan records 149 Covid-19 deaths – highest single-day spike ...08:57 AM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 17 April 202108:36 AM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Justice Qazi Faez Isa to hear contempt case against Fawad Chaudhry on ...10:36 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Pakistan cricket squad leaves for Zimbabwe after successful South ...10:05 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Imran Abbas releases his rendition of Qaseedah Burdah Shareef05:59 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Mustafa Jaane Rehmat – Atif Aslam's naat crosses 1.6 million views ...05:48 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Hira and Mani celebrate 13th wedding anniversary05:41 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021