#EndTransPhobia: Transgender ‘mom’ burns kids’ school bags in Charsadda
In a picture posted on its official Facebook page, Trans Action Khyber Pakhtunkhwa cited the incident as a protest over kicking out the children of a school because they are children of a transgender person.
It appears that the transgender woman had adopted these children and had been providing for them to get education.
Last month, a court in Chennai (Madras) ruled in favour of K Prithika Yashini, who was born male but underwent gender reassignment surgery, applied to become a police sub-inspector in the southern state.
This incident in Charsadda poses questions on the commitment of federal and provincial authorities who, every now and then, overstate their efforts to promote education in the country.
Transgender people in Pakistan ask whether Pakistan belongs only to men and women. Where are the constitutional rights for transgender people?
- TLP-police clashes leave another cop dead, nearly 100 others injured ...11:22 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Pakistan launches first space observatory in Islamabad10:54 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021 – President Alvi, PM Imran congratulate Muslims on ...10:38 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Alisha Gory explains how tattoos are a form of expressing your ...08:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Mohammad Amir celebrates 29th birthday04:50 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Zainab Abbas becomes first Pakistani female presenter to join Sky ...04:02 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021
- Ten New IPO Billionaires in 202107:59 PM | 8 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021 – Tips for busy professionals01:52 PM | 7 Apr, 2021