#EndTransPhobia: Transgender ‘mom’ burns kids’ school bags in Charsadda
In a picture posted on its official Facebook page, Trans Action Khyber Pakhtunkhwa cited the incident as a protest over kicking out the children of a school because they are children of a transgender person.
It appears that the transgender woman had adopted these children and had been providing for them to get education.
Last month, a court in Chennai (Madras) ruled in favour of K Prithika Yashini, who was born male but underwent gender reassignment surgery, applied to become a police sub-inspector in the southern state.
This incident in Charsadda poses questions on the commitment of federal and provincial authorities who, every now and then, overstate their efforts to promote education in the country.
Transgender people in Pakistan ask whether Pakistan belongs only to men and women. Where are the constitutional rights for transgender people?
- 'A tragedy': For the first time, Rabi Pirzada talks about her leaked ...02:22 PM | 2 Dec, 2022
- PM Shehbaz approves early retirement of Lt Gen Faiz Hameed01:53 PM | 2 Dec, 2022
- Election process and football activities making rapid progress in ...01:29 PM | 2 Dec, 2022
- Balochistan police arrest PTI Senator Azam Swati over controversial ...12:35 PM | 2 Dec, 2022
- Shehnaaz Gill shares romantic photos with Vicky Kaushal09:22 PM | 1 Dec, 2022
- Shah Rukh Khan spotted performing Umrah08:31 PM | 1 Dec, 2022
- Timeline of Pakistan Army Generals during country’s 75 year-long ...10:28 AM | 29 Nov, 2022
- Only two Pakistani universities make it to Asia’s top 10003:15 PM | 10 Nov, 2022
- Pakistanis named among 'The World's Most Influential 500 Muslims'10:16 PM | 2 Nov, 2022
- Shehbaz Sharif, Imran Khan, Gen Bajwa named among world’s 500 most ...10:36 PM | 1 Nov, 2022