Nepra hikes electricity price in fuel readjustment
ISLAMABAD – The National Electric Power Regulatory Authority (Nepra) approved on Monday an increase of Rs1.11 per unit in the electricity price as fuel readjustment "on account of variations in the fuel charges for the month of September 2020."
The regulatory body said that the increase will be collected in December bills. The hike will not be applicable on electricity prices received by K- Electric.
Furthermore, the new tariff will also not affect lifeline consumers.
The Nepra said during the period, the power production cost of was stood at Rs3.95 per unit while the reference cost of electricity in September was Rs2.84 per unit.
- Pakistan assures all-out support to brothers separated during ...12:52 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Punjab mulls slashing attendance to 50pc for students under 12 years: ...12:19 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s NSA Moeed Yusuf to visit Afghanistan to discuss ...11:49 AM | 17 Jan, 2022
- PM Imran to launch Pakistan Digital City Technology Zone in Haripur ...11:21 AM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Aima Baig confronts man who flashed middle finger at her in Lahore ...10:46 AM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Senior Pakistani actor Rasheed Naz passes away at 7310:16 AM | 17 Jan, 2022
- 'It was a difficult time for us, especially Zara!' Asad Siddiqui ...10:10 PM | 16 Jan, 2022
- Anushka Sharma pens emotional note for Virat Kohli as he steps down ...06:13 PM | 16 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021