Barjis Tahir appointed new governor Gilgit Baltistan
The appointment surfaced as a result of amendment in Gilgit-Baltistan Empowerment and Self-governance Order 2009 which allows federal minister of Gilgit Baltistan and Kashmir affairs to function as the governor of the areas also.
The amendment was approved by the president Mamnoon Hussain on the advice of Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif.
Tahir has replaced Pir Karam Ali Shah, who was appointed to the post during Pakistan Peoples Party’s tenure.
The development comes up just months before the elections are expected in May this year.
- Wait is over as Cambridge announces O level results of Pakistani ...09:51 PM | 18 Aug, 2022
- German vets perform surgery to rid Pakistani elephant of tooth ...09:25 PM | 18 Aug, 2022
- PAKvNED – Pakistan seal ODI series victory over Netherlands08:28 PM | 18 Aug, 2022
- Naimal Khawar's latest photoshoot draws severe backlash05:40 PM | 18 Aug, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities outraged over Faisalabad sexual assault case07:37 PM | 18 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022