Two Chinese maritime patrol vessels arrive at Gwadar Port
The induction of these ships will further strengthen the PMSA against all crimes including terrorism. The ships have been named PMSS Hingol and PMSS Basol, Dunya News reported.
Pakistan and China are constructing the around 3,000 kilometers long economic corridor to link Gwadar port with Xinjiang that would be a cheaper route for supply of oil to China from other countries. It would also be a cheaper route for Chinese exports to Middle East countries.
A Pakistan Navy official said the role of maritime forces has increased since the country has made the Gwadar port operational and speeded up economic activities under the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC).
Pakistan Navy’s Marines, PMSA vessels and personnel are presently engaged in guarding all sea ports as well as escorting and providing complete protection to critical LNG supplies at Port Qasim.
Unprecedented increase in maritime activity and contemporary threats in maritime areas warrant further enhancement in capability of Pakistan Navy and PMSA not only to counter threats against traditional challenges but also asymmetric threats particularly those being sponsored and perpetrated by Pakistan’s traditional enemies.
- Pakistan Army chief meets top US defence officials at Pentagon01:44 AM | 5 Oct, 2022
- Farah Khan praises Gauri Khan as a 'middle-class Punjabi girl'11:44 PM | 4 Oct, 2022
- Indian college boy's Pasoori rendition spreads like wildfire11:19 PM | 4 Oct, 2022
- Hira Tareen treats fans with beach photos07:43 PM | 4 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022