Nine injured in blast near police checkpost in Peshawar
PESHAWAR - At least nine people, including five women, were injured on Tuesday in an explosion near the Karkhano police checkpost in Peshawar, local media reported.
The nature of the blast is yet to be determined. However, police say initial probe suggests that the blast caused by a locally-manufactured bomb.
Rescue officials have shifted the injured to the Hayatabad Medical Complex while two women are reportedly in critical condition.
Security forces have cordoned off the area to collect evidence from the scene, while a search operation has been launched in the area.
The checkpost is located at border between Peshawar and Khyber tribal district.
This is the third blast in eight days in country. Earlier two incidents happened in Quetta where an attack was carried out on McConaghey Road while a mosque was targetted in the second blast.
Totally 15 people including a senior police officer, DSP Amanullah, were martyred and several others injured in both attacks.
- Karachi court issues non-bailable arrest warrants of Manzoor ...12:15 PM | 1 Mar, 2021
- Happy Birthday Shahid Afridi: Wishes pour in for ‘Boom Boom’ on ...11:45 AM | 1 Mar, 2021
- Indian PM receives first dose of homegrown COVID-19 vaccine11:25 AM | 1 Mar, 2021
- Mirpur goes into lockdown amid alarming spike in Covid-19 cases11:05 AM | 1 Mar, 2021
- PSL 6, Match 12: Quetta Gladiators, Islamabad United to lock horns ...10:40 AM | 1 Mar, 2021
- Osman Khalid Butt takes to social media after 'wedding' pics with ...05:41 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Lady Gaga's French dogs returned unharmed06:52 PM | 27 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021