Nine injured in blast near police checkpost in Peshawar
PESHAWAR - At least nine people, including five women, were injured on Tuesday in an explosion near the Karkhano police checkpost in Peshawar, local media reported.
The nature of the blast is yet to be determined. However, police say initial probe suggests that the blast caused by a locally-manufactured bomb.
Rescue officials have shifted the injured to the Hayatabad Medical Complex while two women are reportedly in critical condition.
Security forces have cordoned off the area to collect evidence from the scene, while a search operation has been launched in the area.
The checkpost is located at border between Peshawar and Khyber tribal district.
This is the third blast in eight days in country. Earlier two incidents happened in Quetta where an attack was carried out on McConaghey Road while a mosque was targetted in the second blast.
Totally 15 people including a senior police officer, DSP Amanullah, were martyred and several others injured in both attacks.
- Pakistan condemns Indian attempts to change demographic structure of ...03:17 PM | 2 Apr, 2020
- Senses leads World Autism Awareness Day02:21 PM | 2 Apr, 2020
- For God’s sake, do not click pictures or make videos during your ...02:06 PM | 2 Apr, 2020
- Pakistani student gives birth to baby girl in Wuhan, China04:00 PM | 15 Mar, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019