Turkish court rules calling husband 'baldie' is a crime
Local media reported on Saturday that Turkey’s Supreme Court of Appeals recently issued a verdict, directing lower courts on how to rule on divorce cases in which both members of an estranged couple “insult” at each other.
The court had called the husband’s silence over his mother’s verbal assaults on his wife a “marital flaw” when ruling for the compensation.
The Supreme Court of Appeals’ 2nd Legal Chamber annulled the lower court’s ruling in a recently published precedent, stressing that the man was also insulted by his ex-wife.
“The woman had called her husband ‘baldie’ in front of multiple people, which amounts to contempt ... As such, both sides of the marriage have equal flaws, which means that no side should pay any compensation,” the ruling said.
- WATCH: PMLN’s Uzma Bukhari slaps man who misbehaved with her at PDM ...12:56 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- 'Professor' Mohammad Hafeez turns 4112:06 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- T20 World Cup rolls into action today as Oman face Papua New Guinea ...10:53 AM | 17 Oct, 2021
- Four children among seven die in house fire in Muzaffargarh10:28 AM | 17 Oct, 2021
- Malala all praise for Adele on new single's release05:52 PM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Zarnish Khan wants trolls to stop mocking Meera's English09:26 PM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Momal Sheikh leaves fans awestruck with latest pictures03:30 PM | 16 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021
- Celebrities who are gifted athletes05:57 PM | 5 Sep, 2021