Navjot Singh Sidhu resigns as Punjab cabinet minister
The Congress leader posted his resignation letter dated June 10, addressed to Rahul Gandhi, on his official Twitter account on Sunday morning.
My letter to the Congress President Shri. Rahul Gandhi Ji, submitted on 10 June 2019. pic.twitter.com/WS3yYwmnPl— Navjot Singh Sidhu (@sherryontopp) July 14, 2019
Sidhu’s portfolio was changed from Local Bodies’ to the Ministry of Power and Renewable Energy almost a month ago. The disgruntled leader, who saw the change as a demotion, refused to assume charge and was last seen beside Rahul Gandhi and Priyanka Gandhi on June 9 after which he went incommunicado.
Just before he was stripped of his ministry, Sidhu had addressed a press conference in New Delhi and said he could not be taken for granted.
Capt. Amarinder Singh had cited “inept” handling of local bodies department by Sidhu, which led to the party’s poor performance in urban areas, as the reason behind taking away the role.
India slaps Navjot Singh Sidhu with sedition ... 09:14 PM | 20 Aug, 2018
NEW DELHI – A former Indian cricketer, who visited Pakistan to attend Prime Minister Imran Khan’s oath-taking ...
Singh and Sidhu have been at loggerheads since his controversial visit to Pakistan for the swearing-in ceremony of Prime Minister Imran Khan where he had hugged Army Chief General Qamar Javed Bajwa.
- PM’s aide on Energy Tabish Gauhar resigns01:16 PM | 21 Sep, 2021
- State Bank of Pakistan grants EMI License to Finja12:26 PM | 21 Sep, 2021
- Shilpa Shetty's husband Raj Kundra granted bail in pornography case ...12:10 PM | 21 Sep, 2021
- Karachi listed among least safe major cities in the EIU 2021 report11:34 AM | 21 Sep, 2021
- Saudi Arabia once again offers to mediate between Pakistan, India10:58 AM | 21 Sep, 2021
- Top PR, event management agencies announce Pakistan’s first council ...07:21 PM | 20 Sep, 2021
- Canadian vlogger Rosie Gabrielle wants everyone to know that Pakistan ...05:53 PM | 20 Sep, 2021
- Mathira claps back at trolls with an explosive statement: ‘Don’t ...04:57 PM | 20 Sep, 2021