First Pakistani climber scales world’s fourth highest peak
Sarbaz Khan reached the 8,516-metre high summit at 9:47 am on Tuesday, the The Himalayan Times reports.
This morning #Hunza 's #SarbazKhan became the first #Pakistani climber to scale Mt #Lhotse 8516m, the world’s 4th highest peak located in #Nepal.— The Karakoram Club (@KarakoramClub) May 14, 2019
He has also climbed #k2 (8611m) n #NangaParbat (8126m) w/out using extra oxygen.#Mountaineering #Himalayas #Pakistan pic.twitter.com/Nwwj6LXjPu
The young climber from Hunza’s Aliabad has previously climbed K2 (8,611m) and Nanga Parbat (8,126m) without using extra oxygen.
Khan achieved the feat along with a 12-member team of climbers. Likewise, Christina Flampouri has become the first Greece woman to climb the 8,516-meter high summit.
According to the Department of Tourism, over 92 climbers from 10 different teams have obtained climbing permits for Mt Lhotse this spring season.
List of summiteers from May 14
- Sirbaz Khan-Pakistan
- Dawa Gyalje Sherpa-Rolwaling
- Kili Pemba Sherpa-Rolwaling
- Pemba Chote Sherpa-Thame
- Ang Jangbu Sherpa-Thame
- Dendi Sherpa-Solukhumbu
- Tamting Sherpa-Rolwaling
- Dawa Tenzing Sherpa-Rolwaling
- Gao Li- China
- Li Xiaolin- China
- Christina Flampouri-Greece
- Antonios Sykaris-Greece
Solo climbers can no longer scale Nepal mountains 10:17 PM | 30 Dec, 2017
KATHMANDU - Nepal has introduced new rules under which solo climbers have been banned from scaling the country’s ...
- Three Pakistan soldiers martyred in Balochistan terrorist attack09:49 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- UAE moves to third stage of COVID-19 vaccine trials09:46 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan stands by Turkey against FETO threat, Imran tells Erdogan09:29 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- UAE’s Covid-19 vaccine enters final testing stage09:25 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Pakistani university announces fee waiver for Spring semester amid ...09:18 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Asim and I share a bond beyond anyone’s comprehension: Hania Amir05:22 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Hadiqa Kiani releases song to pay tribute to Kashmiri Martyrs12:38 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Nadia Jamil updates her fans about her recovery after chemo12:13 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020