Indian SC's Babri Masjid decision failed to uphold demands of justice, says Foreign Secretary
ISLAMABAD - Foreign Secretary Sohail Mahmood has said that contrary to Indian claims of declaring Babri Masjid as its internal matter, the issue of demolition of the Babri Masjid remained on the agenda of the OIC since 1992.
Briefing the OIC Resident Ambassadors in Islamabad on Indian Supreme Court's verdict regarding the historic Babri Masjid, he said the OIC has also addressed this issue in numerous resolutions and declarations, including at the Summit level.
The Foreign Secretary underlined that the decision failed to uphold the demands of justice, shredded the veneer of so-called secularism of India, and further illustrated the vulnerabilities of the minorities in India, particularly Muslims, in the face of extremist "Hindutva" ideology, the Radio Pakistan reported.
- PTI rejects Transparency International's 'biased' report about ...07:17 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- UNODC, Interior Ministry launch technical assistance framework07:02 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- UK changes its travel advice to reflect improved security situation ...06:15 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- COAS Bajwa inaugurates Electronic Warfare and Ground Surveillance ...06:06 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- I’m sorry I take none of what you said seriously: Anupam Kher ...04:59 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- #MeToo: 'Harvey Weinstein raped me', Annabella Sciorra testifies in ...04:08 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy meets Deepika Padukone at World Economic Forum03:29 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- I don’t even think I should be alive: Justin Bieber gives emotional ...02:46 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019