Indian SC's Babri Masjid decision failed to uphold demands of justice, says Foreign Secretary
ISLAMABAD - Foreign Secretary Sohail Mahmood has said that contrary to Indian claims of declaring Babri Masjid as its internal matter, the issue of demolition of the Babri Masjid remained on the agenda of the OIC since 1992.
Briefing the OIC Resident Ambassadors in Islamabad on Indian Supreme Court's verdict regarding the historic Babri Masjid, he said the OIC has also addressed this issue in numerous resolutions and declarations, including at the Summit level.
The Foreign Secretary underlined that the decision failed to uphold the demands of justice, shredded the veneer of so-called secularism of India, and further illustrated the vulnerabilities of the minorities in India, particularly Muslims, in the face of extremist "Hindutva" ideology, the Radio Pakistan reported.
- WB approves additional financing of $700m for Dasu power project10:45 AM | 2 Apr, 2020
- COVID-19: Over 5,100 died in US, global death toll rises to over ...10:03 AM | 2 Apr, 2020
- CAA suspends international, domestic flights till April 1109:32 AM | 2 Apr, 2020
- COVID19: Pakistan confirms 26 deaths; Coronavirus cases exceed 2,11008:28 AM | 2 Apr, 2020
- Hareem Shah to host a Ramazan transmission?04:25 PM | 1 Apr, 2020
- Van Gogh painting stolen from museum during virus shutdown04:03 PM | 1 Apr, 2020
- Kim Kardashian shares BTS of the nasty fight with sister Kourtney and ...04:01 PM | 1 Apr, 2020
- Pakistani student gives birth to baby girl in Wuhan, China04:00 PM | 15 Mar, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019