Indian SC's Babri Masjid decision failed to uphold demands of justice, says Foreign Secretary
ISLAMABAD - Foreign Secretary Sohail Mahmood has said that contrary to Indian claims of declaring Babri Masjid as its internal matter, the issue of demolition of the Babri Masjid remained on the agenda of the OIC since 1992.
Briefing the OIC Resident Ambassadors in Islamabad on Indian Supreme Court's verdict regarding the historic Babri Masjid, he said the OIC has also addressed this issue in numerous resolutions and declarations, including at the Summit level.
The Foreign Secretary underlined that the decision failed to uphold the demands of justice, shredded the veneer of so-called secularism of India, and further illustrated the vulnerabilities of the minorities in India, particularly Muslims, in the face of extremist "Hindutva" ideology, the Radio Pakistan reported.
- HUAWEI Y9s breaks records with hot sales nationwide04:20 PM | 12 Dec, 2019
- Social media users condemn lawyers' attack at Punjab Institute of ...01:30 PM | 12 Dec, 2019
- Alia Bhatt, Ranbir Kapoor to tie the knot next year in Indian Kashmir?12:36 PM | 12 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019