Indian SC's Babri Masjid decision failed to uphold demands of justice, says Foreign Secretary
ISLAMABAD - Foreign Secretary Sohail Mahmood has said that contrary to Indian claims of declaring Babri Masjid as its internal matter, the issue of demolition of the Babri Masjid remained on the agenda of the OIC since 1992.
Briefing the OIC Resident Ambassadors in Islamabad on Indian Supreme Court's verdict regarding the historic Babri Masjid, he said the OIC has also addressed this issue in numerous resolutions and declarations, including at the Summit level.
The Foreign Secretary underlined that the decision failed to uphold the demands of justice, shredded the veneer of so-called secularism of India, and further illustrated the vulnerabilities of the minorities in India, particularly Muslims, in the face of extremist "Hindutva" ideology, the Radio Pakistan reported.
- Afghan envoy meets COAS Bajwa, hails Pakistan’s relentless support ...06:07 PM | 22 Apr, 2021
- Police arrest alleged shooters involved in killing of Swabi’s ATC ...05:47 PM | 22 Apr, 2021
- China says ambassador wasn’t in hotel during Quetta suicide blast04:11 PM | 22 Apr, 2021
- Strong business performance improved Bank Alfalah’s Mar ’21 ...03:45 PM | 22 Apr, 2021
- Maya Ali and Ayesha Omar shower each other with compliments02:57 PM | 22 Apr, 2021
- Adnan Siddiqui reveals about Sridevi's sudden demise01:55 PM | 22 Apr, 2021
- Sana Fakhar shares photos of jaw-dropping weight-loss transformation09:58 PM | 21 Apr, 2021
- Celebrity babies born in 202105:19 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021