Azadi March Plan B: JUI-F protestors finalize preparations to block roads across country today
ISLAMABAD - Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam-Fazal (JUI-F) is set to implement its Plan B as Azadi March protestors have finalized their preparations to block all major roads across the country.
According to media reports, the JUI-F’ Azadi March protestors have decided to shut Peshawar road, Rawalpindi Grand Trunk Road (GT Road), Quetta-Karachi highway, Indus Highway and Sukkur-Multan Motorway.
Earlier on Wednesday, The Jamiat-e-Ulema Islam (JUI-F) called off its so-called ‘Azadi March' sit-in in Islamabad , announcing the start of its ‘Plan B’ which saw the blockage of Karakoram Highway as the first step towards countrywide protests in a bid to put more pressure on the government for Prime Minister Imran Khan’s resignation.
Senator Atta-ur-Rehman, addressing thousands of JUI-F workers and students of seminaries from the stage built on top of ‘Azadi March’ container, said their ‘Plan B' will take effect 2:00 pm tomorrow (Thursday).
He announced to block Chakdara Chowk in Lower Dir and Indus Highway according to the plan. “Shahrah-e-Resham in KPK has been blocked by the Azadi Marchers,” he claimed.
Azadi March participants dismantled their tents and left the H-9 venue in Islamabad.
JUI-F leader Rashid Soomro also addressed the Azadi March protesters and urged them to gather at Hub River Road on Thursday, adding that motorway in Sukkur, Ghotki-Punjab road, Hub River Road and Kandhkot-Punjab road will be blocked at 02:00 PM.
Earlier on Wednesday, Special Assistant to the Prime Minister on Information and Broadcasting Firdous Ashiq Awan described Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam-Fazl (JUI-F) Chief Fazlur Rehman’s “Plan-B” as “a senseless political plan”, adding that the JUI-F chief has failed to comprehend “what to do next.”
In a message on her official Twitter handle, the Special Assistant to the Prime Minister stated that all plans to provoke unrest and instability in the country will fail.
- PTI rejects Transparency International's 'biased' report about ...07:17 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- UNODC, Interior Ministry launch technical assistance framework07:02 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- UK changes its travel advice to reflect improved security situation ...06:15 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- COAS Bajwa inaugurates Electronic Warfare and Ground Surveillance ...06:06 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- I’m sorry I take none of what you said seriously: Anupam Kher ...04:59 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- #MeToo: 'Harvey Weinstein raped me', Annabella Sciorra testifies in ...04:08 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy meets Deepika Padukone at World Economic Forum03:29 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- I don’t even think I should be alive: Justin Bieber gives emotional ...02:46 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019