Azadi March Plan B: JUI-F protestors finalize preparations to block roads across country today
ISLAMABAD - Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam-Fazal (JUI-F) is set to implement its Plan B as Azadi March protestors have finalized their preparations to block all major roads across the country.
According to media reports, the JUI-F’ Azadi March protestors have decided to shut Peshawar road, Rawalpindi Grand Trunk Road (GT Road), Quetta-Karachi highway, Indus Highway and Sukkur-Multan Motorway.
Earlier on Wednesday, The Jamiat-e-Ulema Islam (JUI-F) called off its so-called ‘Azadi March' sit-in in Islamabad , announcing the start of its ‘Plan B’ which saw the blockage of Karakoram Highway as the first step towards countrywide protests in a bid to put more pressure on the government for Prime Minister Imran Khan’s resignation.
Senator Atta-ur-Rehman, addressing thousands of JUI-F workers and students of seminaries from the stage built on top of ‘Azadi March’ container, said their ‘Plan B' will take effect 2:00 pm tomorrow (Thursday).
He announced to block Chakdara Chowk in Lower Dir and Indus Highway according to the plan. “Shahrah-e-Resham in KPK has been blocked by the Azadi Marchers,” he claimed.
Azadi March participants dismantled their tents and left the H-9 venue in Islamabad.
JUI-F leader Rashid Soomro also addressed the Azadi March protesters and urged them to gather at Hub River Road on Thursday, adding that motorway in Sukkur, Ghotki-Punjab road, Hub River Road and Kandhkot-Punjab road will be blocked at 02:00 PM.
Earlier on Wednesday, Special Assistant to the Prime Minister on Information and Broadcasting Firdous Ashiq Awan described Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam-Fazl (JUI-F) Chief Fazlur Rehman’s “Plan-B” as “a senseless political plan”, adding that the JUI-F chief has failed to comprehend “what to do next.”
In a message on her official Twitter handle, the Special Assistant to the Prime Minister stated that all plans to provoke unrest and instability in the country will fail.
- HUAWEI Y9s breaks records with hot sales nationwide04:20 PM | 12 Dec, 2019
- Social media users condemn lawyers' attack at Punjab Institute of ...01:30 PM | 12 Dec, 2019
- Alia Bhatt, Ranbir Kapoor to tie the knot next year in Indian Kashmir?12:36 PM | 12 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019