PM Imran orders stern action against hoarders, directs authorities to keep prices stable
ISLAMABAD - Special assistant to the Prime Minister on Information and Broadcasting, Dr Firdous Ashiq Awan said that Imran Khan has ordered the relevant authorities to take strict actions against profit earners and hoarders to keep the price of essential commodities stable and available for public.
Addressing a press conference after the meeting of the federal cabinet , Awan said the premier would meet the chief ministers of all provinces on Friday to discuss steps for price stability and efficient working of market price committees in all provinces.
She detailed that the prime minister took the cabinet into confidence about his visits to China and Iran and discussed, with ministers, his upcoming visit to Saudi Arabia.
The prime minister's China visit was successful as China declared Kashmir a disputed territory, Awan said, adding that Saudi Arabia and Iran were two very important brotherly countries and Pakistan had common social, religious and cultural ties with both the countries.
The special assistant said the cabinet considered a 12-point agenda and it ratified the decisions of its Economic Coordination Committee and decided to make a land bank for the properties in possession of Evacuee Trust Property Board to use it for public benefit through a well-thought-out plan.
The prime minister after taking a briefing directed that a uniform mechanism should be made to recover the state land illegally held by the people, Awan announced and said a new master plan for Islamabad was also approved.
The special assistant said a new policy for the establishment of 'Langar Khanas' was also approved during the cabinet meeting.
The cabinet also decided to constitute a committee that will scrutinize the cases against businessmen and civil servants before referring them to the National Accountability Bureau (NAB).
- Govt to spend more than Rs30b on higher education this year, says ...11:57 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Youth-led projects showcased in Student Leaders Conference08:41 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Infinix, CarlCare join hands with M&P to provide unmatched after-sale ...08:26 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- PSL Draft 2020: Franchises pick players from platinum, diamond, gold ...08:06 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Justice (retd) Altaf Ibrahim takes oath as acting ECP chief06:15 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Mehwish Hayat says Pervez Musharraf deserves a chance to be heard02:30 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Kate Middleton thanks Maheen Khan with sweet note02:06 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Humayun Saeed shares an all smile picture with brothers01:39 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019