Further escalation between nuclear-armed India and Pakistan may lead to unimaginable fallout: PM Imran
In an interview with Russia Today, he said the explosive situation in Kashmir could escalate way beyond the Indian subcontinent.
Imran Khan urged the world community to help preventing the conflict from spiralling into a nuclear hotspot with unimaginable consequences.
“No rational human being can talk of a nuclear war,” the premier said.
He reminded that it would be the first time when two nuclear-armed countries come face to face after the Cuban crisis of 1962, the Radio Pakistan reported.
Prime Minister Imran hoped to change his relations with Russia, adding that "President Vladimir Putin is a big voice in the world and the current occupied Kashmir crisis could be resolved if the big players — Russia, the US and China — “get together” to do it."
It may be recalled that the Pakistan-India standoff took a turn for the worse after New Delhi revoked the decades old autonomy of the part of disputed Kashmir it controls.
- PSL 2021 – Islamabad United opt to field first against Karachi Kings08:39 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Man with ‘world’s largest family’ dies in India08:24 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Watch: Traffic warden in viral video wins PM Imran's heart08:03 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Sushant Singh Rajput's death confirmed as ‘suicide’ on first ...07:04 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Producer of Christchurch mosque attack movie resigns after backlash05:02 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Meesha Shafi becomes certified yoga instructor04:20 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Ushna Shah and Juveria Abbasi enjoy beach day out03:05 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021