Another Motorway-rape suspect surrenders, denies involvement
LAHORE - One more suspect surrendered to the Sheikhupura police over his alleged involvement in the Lahore motorway rape case, the police revealed on Monday.
The suspect, identified as Abbas, is the brother-in-law of Waqar, who was named as one of the main suspects in the case during a press conference on September 12.
The police said that Waqar’s name propped up as his mobile SIM was traced at the motorway during geofencing.
Waqar, who surrendered to the police on September 13, denied involvement in the case and said that the SIM registered in his name was in use by his brother-in-law.
Abbas has also denied involvement. In a video statement, he said that he hopes and prays that the police will dispense justice. A sister of mine has been wronged and I hope that the culprits pay for this, he remarked. “I am the father of three daughters. I hope I get justice too.”
Lahore CCPO Umar Sheikh apology
Lahore CCPO Umar Sheikh on Monday apologises over his controversial statement on the Lahore Motorway gang-rape incident. In a statement, the CCPO said that he apologises from brothers, sisters and the society if his statement hurts anyone.
A woman was raped in front of her children by two unidentified men on the motorway on September 9. She was driving to Gujranwala when she ran out of fuel near Lahore’s Gujjarpura.
The woman was sitting in her vehicle when two men walked towards her car, broke her window, and made her park on the roadside. They then took her and the children to a nearby forest and raped her.
The Punjab IG has said that they have traced the suspects involved in the rape case. The police, however, weren’t unable to arrest them, he told the media in a press conference.
The police have asked people to help them trace the suspects. The CM has even announced an Rs2.5 million award each for those who will help them.
A show-cause notice has been issued to Punjab CCPO over his irresponsible remarks in the case.
- Who is Chuck Feeney, and why top Pakistani leaders are praising him?07:38 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Punjab approves Drug Amendment Bill 2020 to counter fake cosmetics ...06:56 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Islamabad police rescue Hungarian diplomats who lost their way in ...06:32 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- 640 new coronavirus cases reported; one death in past 24 hours in ...04:31 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Prince Harry, Meghan Markle make it to the list of Time’s 100 most ...01:14 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Keanu Reeves reveals that The Matrix 4 is to be a Love Story01:11 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- I learnt how to ride a bike for 'Quaid e Azam Zindabad': Mahira Khan06:11 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020