Zarb-i-Ahan: Army lands in Rajanpur to rescue policemen
Operation, named Zarb-i-Ahan, which was launched against Chotu gang was halted after 24 police were taken hostage while seven killed including a station house officer (SHO).
Heavy contingents of policemen are present in the area. Mobile phone services have been restored in the region demands of the gangs.
Punjab IG Mushtaq Sukhera said that recovering the policemen was their first priority.
Meanwhile talking to the media outside the Punjab Assembly on Friday, Punjab Law Minister Rana Sanaullah said that Chotu gang would either drop weapons or be put an end to within the coming 24 hours to 48 hours.
Rana further said that the operation is being organised once again and was hopeful about law enforcement agencies’ positive development in the matter.
Rana asserted that the gang would not be given a window to abscond or escape the forces at any cost. Army was there to provide backup support in the operation, he added.
- 'Depth of misogyny’ – HRCP demands apology from Imran Khan over ...01:58 PM | 21 May, 2022
- Pakistan Army sets up heat stroke relief camps as temperature ...01:14 PM | 21 May, 2022
- Turkey’s defence minister calls on Pakistan Army chief12:19 PM | 21 May, 2022
- Pakistan court awards 29-year jail term to man over rape, child ...11:55 AM | 21 May, 2022
- PM Shehbaz congratulates Chinese President Xi on 71st anniversary of ...11:26 AM | 21 May, 2022
- Watch - Hania Aamir ignores Iqra Aziz at 'Parde Mein Rehne Do' ...07:38 PM | 20 May, 2022
- Nora Fatehi and Kriti Sanon jump onto the ‘Pasoori’ bandwagon06:32 PM | 20 May, 2022
- TikToker Dolly's new dance video goes viral05:30 PM | 20 May, 2022
- Dollar hits all-time high at Rs19212:45 PM | 12 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022