No proceedings for an hour as Opposition protest over counting on bill in NA
The members of Opposition gathered in front of the Speaker dais to protest over the counting on the motion, moved by MNA Aliya Kamran to further amend the Islamabad High Court Act 2010 [The Islamabad High Court (Amendment) bill, 2019.
On the demand of the Opposition, the Deputy Speaker asked for a count in which the treasury benches secured 96 votes against 94 votes of Opposition.
The opposition demanded of the Deputy Speaker to hold recounting on the motion, while Deputy Speaker was of the view that as per the rules recounting on the motion could not be ordered.
Opposition’s NA walkout as pressure tactic to ... 01:00 PM | 15 Jan, 2019
ISLAMABAD – Prime Minister Imran Khan Tuesday termed the Opposition’s yesterday's walkout from the session of ...
Earlier, the motion moved by Munawar Bibi to further amend the Prohibition of Smoking and Protection of Non-smoker Health Ordinance, 2002 [the prohibition of Smoking and protection of Non-smoker Health (amendment) bill 2019] was rejected by the House.
While the motion moved by Sajida Begum to further amend the Microfinance Institutions Ordinance 2001 [The Microfinance Institutions (Amendment) bill 2019 was referred to concerned committee.
After the House resumed its proceedings, the Deputy Speaker told that the leaders of parliamentary parties during a meeting decided that the bill relating to Islamabad High Court should be referred to the concerned committee and he was accordingly doing so.
The House was adjourned till Wednesday 11a.m.
- Ertugrul star Engin Altan shares message on International Women’s ...10:19 PM | 8 Mar, 2021
- Pakistan to roll out first Digital Media Advertising Policy soon09:51 PM | 8 Mar, 2021
- IWD 2021 – Pakistan acknowledges achievements of female trailblazers08:51 PM | 8 Mar, 2021
- Tera Jism Meri Marzi – Ali Gul Pir and Eva B collaborate for ...07:40 PM | 8 Mar, 2021
- 10 celebrities who are left-handed05:11 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021