Pakistan to host Afghan peace conference, confirms Foreign Office
Pakistan will host the Afghan peace conference in Islamabad on July 18-19 and invitations are being sent to Afghan leaders for the event, says the spokesperson for the Foreign Office.
Speaking at the weekly news briefing in the federal capital on Thursday, the Foreign Office spokesperson said that Pakistan lays emphasis on political solution to the Afghan problem. He said that Afghan people will decide their future. He said that resolution of the Afghan issue should pave the way for repatriation of Afghan refugees living in Pakistan. He said that Pakistan cannot afford to host more Afghan refugees.
The Voice of America reported citing official sources in Islamabad on Wednesday that several Afghan leaders have already confirmed their participation in the conference. Afghan special presidential envoy for Pakistan Mohammed Umer Daudzai and former finance minister Omar Zakhilwal have both confirmed they will attend the conference. However, Daudzai said that conference “dates are still being debated”.
According to the VOA, former Afghan president Hamid Karzai, former minister Salahuddin Rabbani, Hazara leader Haji Mohammad Mohaqiq, former warlord-turned politician Gulbuddin Hekmatyar and Ahmad Wali Masoud are among the invitees.
‘India using terrorism as a weapon’
The spokesperson for the Pakistan’s Foreign Office said that India is using terrorism as a weapon and Pakistan has taken up the issue of the Indian funding to terrorist organisations. He said that India must arrest those linked to a recent bombing incident in Lahore’s Johar Town neighbourhood.
The spokesperson said that a thorough investigation was being conducted into the accident that the bus of the Chinese nationals met with this week. He said the bus accident is also being investigated from the angle of terrorism. He said that Pakistan was in touch with the Chinese officials on this issue and the incident was being investigated from every angle.
The Foreign Office spokesperson said the United Arab Emirates (UAE) has set the condition of verification of the vaccination certificates and Pakistani embassies and consulates will provide all facilities in this regard.
- PM Imran to answer public's questions via phone today09:58 AM | 1 Aug, 2021
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:42 AM | 1 Aug, 2021
- COVID-19: Pakistan reports over 5,000 daily cases for first time ...09:15 AM | 1 Aug, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 01 August 202108:43 AM | 1 Aug, 2021
- Twitter rejoices as Pakistani man's 'wallet return' mission ends ...09:45 PM | 31 Jul, 2021
- Indian actor Nandita Dutta arrested for running 'porn racket'09:21 PM | 31 Jul, 2021
- TikToker bags Guinness World Record for largest mouth gape03:39 PM | 31 Jul, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021