Dr. Beverly D. Metcalfe visits SDSB, LUMS
Her record demonstrates a wealth of experience and innovations in uncovering ways to improve work processes and conditions to enhance decision-making.
She has twice received the Academy of International Business Award for supporting gender awareness in international business (by Swedish School of Economics) and for her work on Middle Eastern women's role in international development.
Her text 'Leadership Development in the Middle East' (2011, 2012 Edward Elgar) is the core text for the majority of the undergraduate programmes in the Gulf Cooperation Council.
During her visit she delivered a research seminar for the SDSB faculty on Critical Perspectives of Islamic Feminism(s) and Feminizing Islam.
The seminar was well attended by faculty from the SDSB and LUMS. This was followed by a special session with the SDSB doctoral students. Students with research interests in Organisational Behaviour and HRM areas were especially encouraged to meet with her and discuss their research ideas and proposals.
The students were deeply impressed by Dr. Metcalfe and encouraged by her talk.
Dr. Metcalfe individually met with SDSB faculty members to discuss leadership development, Islamic ethics, women’s leadership development and empowerment, women’s entrepreneurship, and environment and social change.
A city tour was also arranged for her by the SDSB research centres. She shared her interest in the history of Lahore and was eager to visit the city’s historical landmarks.
- Lahore board announces FA, FSC 2020 annual results (Check Result Here)06:14 PM | 22 Sep, 2020
- Shehbaz Sharif confirms meeting with Army chief ahead of APC04:52 PM | 22 Sep, 2020
- Educational institutions to be opened gradually, says Pakistan's ...04:23 PM | 22 Sep, 2020
- Armeena Khan praises spot person's amazing vocals03:30 PM | 22 Sep, 2020
- Madam Noor Jehan's house should be turned into a museum: Shaan Shahid02:07 PM | 22 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan terms Kashmir, Palestine disputes as UN's most long-standing ...11:18 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020