PM Abbasi attends closing ceremony of joint military exercise Gulf Shield-1, holds meeting with Saudi King
DAMMAM - Prime Minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi attended the closing ceremony of Gulf Shield-1 joint military exercise at Dammam in Saudi Arabia on Monday.
The month-long exercise Gulf Shield-1 was participated by troops from 24 countries and was aimed at strengthening "military and security cooperation and coordination" among the regional countries.
The Prime Minister has attended the exercises on the special invitation of King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud.
Prime Minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi also had a meeting with the Saudi King Shah Salman in Saudi city of Dammam.
Minister for Defense Khurram Dastgir Khan and Chief of the Army Staff General Qamar Javed Bajwa also accompanied the prime minister.
Troops of the Pakistan Army, Pakistan Air Force C-130 aircraft, JF-17 Thunder Fighter jets, Pakistan Navy ships, and commandos from Special Services Group also participated in the exercise.
According to the spokesman for Joint Gulf Shield-1, Brig Gen Abdullah Al-Subaie, the exercise featured two types of military operations; conventional military operations that involved coastal defense attacks against the enemy, besides the irregular war operations carried out by besieging and penetrating villages and industrial installations to cleanse them of hostile elements.
The exercise also displayed military uniformity among the participating countries, in addition to the development of a sense of collective security, unity and common destiny.
The closing ceremony was attended among others by Saudi King Salman, Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman and Arab leaders including Mohammed bin Zayed bin Sultan Al-Nahyan, the Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi, Egyptian President Adulfattah el-Sisi, Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE, and ruler of the Emirate of Dubai, King Abdullah II of Jordan, and Bangladeshi Prime Minister Hasina Wajid.
- Justice Qazi Faez Isa, wife recover from coronavirus01:17 PM | 5 Aug, 2021
- PAKvNZ: Kiwis to tour Pakistan for the first time in 18 years12:30 PM | 5 Aug, 2021
- WATCH: Rangers deployed in Bhong after mob ransacks Hindu temple11:35 AM | 5 Aug, 2021
- Pakistan Army Chief calls for resolution of Kashmir dispute as per ...11:09 AM | 5 Aug, 2021
- Nescafe Basement’s Xulfi accused of sexual harassment11:02 AM | 5 Aug, 2021
- Komal Rizvi celebrates 40th birthday with family09:56 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Wife accuses Yo Yo Honey Singh of domestic violence05:34 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021