No live audience to be present during Ramzan Transmissions, warns PEMRA
According to the instructions, no gifts will also be displayed during the show
ISLAMABAD - The Pakistan Electronic Media Regulatory Authority has banned studio audiences for Sehr and Iftar transmissions that are aired live throughout the month of Ramazan on television channels.
A notification issued by the authority on Tuesday said the decision was taken to maintain social distancing measures that medical experts across the world have called necessary to curb the spread of COVID-19.
The staff engaged in telecasting the shows have been instructed to wear safety kits and regularly disinfect their equipment. Channels have been advised to set up a walk-through sanitising gate in their studios as well.
In the wake of Coronavirus (Covid-19) pandemic, PEMRA issues directives for its licensees on Ramadan Transmission. pic.twitter.com/HkbLrxov9I— Report PEMRA (@reportpemra) April 15, 2020
If a show has more than one host, they’ll have to stand one metre apart and only one guest can be invited at a time.
The authority has forbidden displaying cars, bikes and other appliances on the show since many people are suffering from financial issues during the lockdown and flaunting of such items would be in bad taste.
Meanwhile, PEMRA has also directed channels not to use language that is against any religion or belief and incites hatred among people. In case of a violation, the transmission will be suspended immediately.
- NASA, SpaceX launch astronauts to orbit from America in historic test ...06:59 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Another doctor succumbs to coronavirus in Khyber Pakhktunkhwa06:47 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Another Pakistani lawmaker tests positive for coronavirus06:43 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Pakistan, WB to ink $188 mln disaster resilience pact06:39 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Indian siege of Occupied Kashmir completes 300 days06:10 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Zaira Wasim deactivates social media accounts over trolling03:41 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Grammy-winning artists from 7 countries collaborate for a Pakistani ...05:16 PM | 29 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020