Not willing to be in contact with Nawaz Sharif any more, says Asif Zardari
As per reports, the former president, who reached Lahore yesterday, chaired a high-level huddle at Bilawal House in Lahore and discussed the political situation of the country.
During the meeting, Zardari said that he was not willing to have any more contact with the former prime minister. He further made it clear that PPP will not be part of any grand national dialouge.
"Why did Nawaz Sharif not think about Article 62 and 63 of the Constitution and grand dialogue while staying in power?" Zardari questioned.
"Not democracy, but politics of Nawaz Sharif is in danger," Zardari said.
On Tuesday, PPP's central Punjab President Qamar Zaman Kaira said that there was no possibility of any meeting between Asif Ali Zardari and Mian Nawaz Sharif though both the leaders happen to be in the same city.
After being disqualified by the Supreme Court on July 18, the former prime minister held a rally on GT Road to garner public support for his party. During his addresses, he expressed willingness to bring changes in the Constitution for upholding the sanctity of the vote with the support of political parties.
- Forbes ‘Next 1000 List’ honours Pakistan’s Mariam Nusrat03:08 PM | 20 Jun, 2021
- Ertugrul’s Turgut Alp, Bamsı Beyrek made brand ambassadors for ...02:17 PM | 20 Jun, 2021
- Pakistani TikToker remanded in police custody over fraud with ...12:11 AM | 20 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021