PM condemns attack on Lal Shahbaz Qalandar shrine
"An attack on one of us, is an attack on all. The attack on the shrine of Lal Shahbaz Qalandar represents an attack on the progressive, inclusive future of Pakistan; one where every man, woman and child is entitled to life, liberty and property in the pursuit of happiness no matter their religion," he said in a statement issued by PM's Media Office.
He said, "The Sufi people predate Pakistan, and formed an important part in the struggle for its formation. Any attack on them, is a direct threat to the Pakistan of Jinnah and will be dealt as such."
"The past few days have been hard, and my heart is with the victims. But we can't let these events divide us, or scare us. We must stand united in this struggle for the Pakistani identity, and universal humanity," he added.
"We have faced tougher circumstances, and still persevered. I will do everything in my power to protect this country, and what it represents," the prime minister maintained.
- PM Shehbaz orders to link Thar Coal Mines with railway network by ...11:54 PM | 5 Oct, 2022
- Are Maya Ali and Bilal Ashraf dating?11:28 PM | 5 Oct, 2022
- Syra Yousuf and Shahroz Sabzwari's psycho-thriller gets shelved10:58 PM | 5 Oct, 2022
- ADB announces $2.3 to 2.5 billion in flood relief support for Pakistan09:50 PM | 5 Oct, 2022
- Zara Noor Abbas hugs emotional fan during meetup08:32 PM | 5 Oct, 2022
- Mohsin Abbas Haider opens up about comparison with Ranveer Singh09:21 PM | 5 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022