Murad Ali Shah, Faisal Vawda among 122 candidates found dual nationals in ECP scrutiny
The list reveals that 122 candidates, including former Sindh chief minister and Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) Syed Murad Ali Shah, Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) leader Faisal Vawda and Pak Sarzameen Party (PSP) leader Fauzia Kasuri possess foreign passports.
According to the data, which was gleaned from the FIA's Integrated Border Management System, Murad holds Canadian passport, and Vawda and Kasuri are US nationals.
The FIA report further states that 60 electoral candidates hold a British passport, 26 candidates are American nationals, while 24 have a Canadian nationality.
According to election rules, candidates, who have dual nationalities, have to give up their foreign passports in order to take part in elections.
The FIA received a total of 19,880 records from the ECP for the scrutiny.
- UK announces test and quarantine rules for travelers as Omicron ...09:57 AM | 28 Nov, 2021
- Pakistan reports 303 fresh covid cases, positivity rate stays below ...09:24 AM | 28 Nov, 2021
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:04 AM | 28 Nov, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 28 November 202108:38 AM | 28 Nov, 2021
- Barbados all set to remove Queen Elizabeth as head of state next week12:44 AM | 28 Nov, 2021
- Abrar Ul Haq comes under fire for sharing video of young girl making ...07:32 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Shoaib Malik and Sania Mirza launch their customised fragrance07:00 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Malala Yousafzai’s family celebrates her Oxford graduation04:30 PM | 27 Nov, 2021