Samsung ditches most sought after feature in Galaxy Note 9, reports
Galaxy Note fans are looking forward to having more information about the beloved flagship but their aspirations might die soon as the firm is believed to be rolling out the device without a special feature, tech-savvy people looked forward to.
Previously, it was reported that the new Note series flagship may be featured with under-display fingerprint sensor, but according to new reports by KGI analyst Ming-Chi Kuo suggest that the forthcoming Samsung Galaxy Note 9 will not include an under-display fingerprint sensor, as both the optical and ultrasonic options do not meet its standards, Macrumors reports.
“According to our understanding of the technologies, under-display fingerprint solutions may currently have many technical issues (e.g. screen protectors and different environments affecting recognition rates and power-consumption),” said Kuo’s note.
There are several reports available which suggest that on-screen fingerprint scanner was a tricky feature to implement for Apple and Samsung both. Samsung has already skipped this feature in Galaxy S series models as it could be facing too many technical issues to incorporate such functionality.
Kuo still believes Android smartphone manufacturers currently prefer face scanning over, under display fingerprint readers. However, despite the issues, KGI is “positive” on the future of the under-display recognition technology and believes that Samsung will be a pioneer of it in OLED panels.
Vivo to launch world's first in-display ... 05:26 PM | 22 Jan, 2018
BEJING – Chinese smartphone manufacturer Vivo is all set to launch 'Vivo X20 Plus UD' world’s first phone featured ...
Currently, China’s Vivo has been able to make a phone with in-display fingerprint scanner first. At this year’s Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, Vivo showcased the X20 Plus UD – the first commercial smartphone with an in-display fingerprint scanner, throwing a challenge to its peers.
- T20 World Cup: Curtis Campher shines as Ireland beat Netherlands11:45 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Five Saudi cadets graduate from Pakistan Air Force Academy11:27 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- PM Imran to visit Saudi Arabia this week10:34 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- DG ISI briefs COAS Bajwa on internal security, Afghanistan08:37 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Atif Aslam pays tribute to late Farhad Humayun with iconic song06:00 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Ertugrul star Esra Bilgic in search of Pakistani NGOs05:00 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Priyanka Chopra goes scuba diving in Spain (VIDEO)05:25 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021