Indictment awaiting Nawaz Sharif challaned for wrong parking in London
The elder Sharif who is in the British capital to look after his Lymphoma-suffering wife Kulsoom received a challan ticket issued by the Westminister authorities on Sunday as he parked his vehicle at a place not designated for the said purpose.
According to the violation ticket, the former premier has been directed to submit a moderate 65 £ (9110 PKR) and for non-compliance within a period of two weeks, the fine would be doubled, to be paid in 30 days.
Interestingly, Nawaz Sharif was successful in avoiding indictment in Pakistan in the references filed by the National Accountability Bureau but the British authorities seem to be implementing their rules.
The corruption references relating to the offshore assets and businesses of Sharif family were filed by the accountability watchdog in line with the Panama Papers case verdict.
- Pak Suzuki increases prices of all its passenger cars11:37 PM | 19 Jan, 2022
- Deepika Padukone gears up for own stunts in SRK starrer 'Pathan'11:06 PM | 19 Jan, 2022
- Ahmed Khan shares the simple secret for Social Media Marketing Success10:51 PM | 19 Jan, 2022
- Sharmila Faruqui comes face to face with Nadia Khan for mocking her ...10:21 PM | 19 Jan, 2022
- Virat Kohli breaks two records of Indian cricket, surpassing three ...09:50 PM | 19 Jan, 2022
- UK man who advertised himself on matrimonial billboards gives an ...06:45 PM | 19 Jan, 2022
- Video of Iqra Aziz and Yasir Hussain riding an elephant goes viral06:25 PM | 19 Jan, 2022
- Xulfi accused of plagiarising Coke Studio’s ‘Tu Jhoom’ melody05:00 PM | 19 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021