Indictment awaiting Nawaz Sharif challaned for wrong parking in London
The elder Sharif who is in the British capital to look after his Lymphoma-suffering wife Kulsoom received a challan ticket issued by the Westminister authorities on Sunday as he parked his vehicle at a place not designated for the said purpose.
According to the violation ticket, the former premier has been directed to submit a moderate 65 £ (9110 PKR) and for non-compliance within a period of two weeks, the fine would be doubled, to be paid in 30 days.
Interestingly, Nawaz Sharif was successful in avoiding indictment in Pakistan in the references filed by the National Accountability Bureau but the British authorities seem to be implementing their rules.
The corruption references relating to the offshore assets and businesses of Sharif family were filed by the accountability watchdog in line with the Panama Papers case verdict.
- Emirates announces first annual loss in 30 years11:59 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Pakistan allows AstraZeneca shots for expats under 4010:04 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Two injured as PTI, PML-N lawmakers toss copies of budget book at ...09:27 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Pakistan announces increase in petroleum prices09:15 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Feroze Khan opens up about second marriage04:07 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Mehwish Hayat wants the Muslim misrepresentation in movies to change05:10 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Lost Cause - Alizeh Shah is a Billie Eilish fan girl03:21 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021