ISIS claims responsibility for London tube explosion
LONDON - The Islamic State (ISIS) has claimed responsibility for a blast on a train on the London underground network that injured 22 people on Friday, the militant group’s Amaq news agency said.
"A security source to Amaq: The bombing of the IED in the London tube was carried out by a unit affiliated with the Islamic State." said the agency in a statement.
The British authorities have sprung into action to track the plotters behind the explosion that stirred panic among Londoners prompting a raise in threat level to the maximum by Theresa May.
The Prime Minister said military personnel would replace police officers "on guard duties at certain protected sites which are not accessible to the public".
She said: "The public will see more armed police on the transport network and on our streets, providing extra protection.
"This is a proportionate and sensible step which will provide extra reassurance and protection while the investigation progresses."
22 injured in London Tube explosion 01:27 PM | 15 Sep, 2017
LONDON - At least 22 people were injured in a bomb blast on a packed London Underground train in west London on ...
Amaq presented no proof of ISIS' involvement in bucket bomb explosion at Parsons Green station, which earlier claimed responsibility for Manchester attacks.
Britain's top counter-terrorism officer, Mark Rowley expressed that they were chasing down suspects while taking in stride ISIS' claims.
"It is very routine in these sort of circumstances for IS to claim responsibility, whether or not they have had any previous engagement with the individuals involved," Rowley said.
London's Mayor Sadiq Khan announced that the Parsons Green tube was fully operational.
- COVID-19: Hafeez urges int'l agencies for evaluating losses to ...11:11 AM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Protests against racism, police violence sparked in major Australian ...10:02 AM | 6 Jun, 2020
- COVID-19: Complete lockdown in Islamabad on Saturday and Sunday09:45 AM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Pakistan approaches 93,894 cases of coronavirus – 1,935 confirmed ...09:20 AM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Pak army shot down yet another Indian spying quadcopter in Khanjar ...08:26 AM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Meghan Markle speaks out about ‘Black Lives Matter’07:17 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Naveed Raza urges people to stop denying the existence of coronavirus06:51 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Kylie Jenner tops Forbes' list of the highest-paid celebrities in the ...03:37 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020