The secret to pimple-free skin!
People have developed the strangest of love/hate relationships when it comes to ‘picking’ at or ‘popping’ their pimples. We know you won’t admit it, but we’re sure you’ve come across the routine of doing so at least once!
In order to get to the root of pimple-free and flat skin, sometimes people will attempt to squiggle free a pimple by making it scab all over the face but heal faster, and at other times people will squeeze and pop acne spots just to have them re-root even bigger and brighter. Dermatologists say that at most times popping pimples truly helps them go away easier, but only if you ‘pick at’ the proper types of pimples in their correctly assigned ways.
Here are a few pointers:
1) One must only attempt to pop pimples that appear with a big, white or yellow-ish head. Extracting blind pimples without a head will only make them grow bigger and spread in the surrounding area. The bigger the white/yellow-ish head on your zit is, the safer it is to pop it without any prolonged consequences. Acne is mainly categorized into two main groups: non-inflammatory acne - which includes comedones, blackheads and whiteheads, and inflammatory acne - which includes papules, pustules, nodules and cysts that result from the body’s fight to contain an infection. It must always be remembered that only those pimples will be ripe for extraction once you see yellow-ish puss developing under the skin, or a large blackhead appearing in its place.
Once you have found just the right pimple to pick at, it may be very hard to resist popping it especially when it’s screaming to be touched! Well, doing it the right way will only ensure that it’s done in a safe and correct manner.
• Buy a simple extractor for yourself at home. The best kind of comedone extractors are the types that have a needle pointed on at one end. This end is used for picking open pimples. The metal loop on the other end is used for pressing down on the pricked pimples and squeezing out the leftover fluids.
• Before you put the extractor to use, you must disinfect it with a strong solution first. Wash your hands and face also. It is best to pop your pimples after you’ve washed or steamed your face.
• As already discussed, only focus your attention on the pimples with a big, white or yellowish head! Don’t pick at those gigantic under-the-skin loops that hurt. These are called cysts.
• Using the comedone extractor pick at the tip of the pimple, then place the loop end of the extractor over the pimple and gently press it down. Once the pimple has come out, the fluids or gunk should easily be squeezed out. Make sure you extract the acne root with the pimple at the same time too; this prevents it from coming back the next day!
• If the pimple is bigger than the loop of the extractor, use your index fingers wrapped up in tissue paper and gently squeeze or press the sides of the pimple to go for a clean extraction. You could even use q-tips to clean your skin as well.
• Dab popped pimples with polysporin, antibiotic gel or aloe vera gel in order to heal it quicker and faster and prevent it from scarring. Sometimes, a Band-Aid will do too.
All of the above-mentioned tips combined with a good skin care routine and a thorough understanding of the types of acne your skin is susceptible to will definitely go a long way in helping you get to the root of pimple-free skin!
- PAKvWI: Rain frustrates Pakistan's bid to win West Indies T20I series11:58 PM | 1 Aug, 2021
- Pakistan hopeful India will ‘act fairly’ as head of UNSC11:44 PM | 1 Aug, 2021
- Balloon with Quaid-e-Azam’s pictures panics Indian officials in ...11:17 PM | 1 Aug, 2021
- Arab Parliament speaker arrives in Pakistan on first visit to boost ...10:09 PM | 1 Aug, 2021
- Three women’s seats add to PTI’s strength in AJK assembly09:10 PM | 1 Aug, 2021
- Mustafa Qureshi, wife Rubina Qureshi test positive for coronavirus04:47 PM | 1 Aug, 2021
- Alizeh Shah’s flying kiss video in bold dress goes viral04:21 PM | 1 Aug, 2021
- Katrina Kaif wins over internet with superb dance moves (VIDEO)02:40 PM | 1 Aug, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021