Schoolgirl raped on Independence Day in India
CHANDIGARH - A 12 year old girl was kidnapped and raped in Chandigarh on Tuesday while she was on her way to school to celebrate Indian Independence Day.
The 8th class student had taken a shortcut to school through the children traffic park in Chandigarh’s sector 23 where a man stopped her, took her to one side and raped her.
According to police she was on her way to school and entered the park from the rear gate. The victim was allegedly raped on knife point after which the accused fled the spot.
"She was taken to hospital for medical treatment which confirms the sexual assault," said police sources.
The girl also recorded her statement before a magistrate and a case of kidnapping, wrongful restraint and rape has been registered.
Law enforcers are in search of CCTV footage of this incident that happened at 8:15 at a time when there was no traffic due to Independence Day.
- Governor House doctor arrested on charges of raping woman11:57 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Jahangir Tareen responds to speculations about London visit11:28 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Sindh Governor Ismail donates plasma for COVID-19 patients10:14 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- PCB central contract — Bisma retains Pakistan captaincy, head coach ...09:17 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- PM stresses anti-coronavirus SOPs to avert tough times08:48 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Meghan Markle speaks out about ‘Black Lives Matter’07:17 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Naveed Raza urges people to stop denying the existence of coronavirus06:51 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Kylie Jenner tops Forbes' list of the highest-paid celebrities in the ...03:37 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020