Man detained for 100th traffic violations in Lahore
LAHORE - Police have seized off the vehicle of a local citizen who has violated traffic violations 100 times since August 2018, police said on Monday.
According to the Samaa TV report, Malik Farhat Hussain drives a CNG 4 stroke rickshaw. He was stopped at Wateen Chowk after he broke a signal.
"The traffic warden found Hussain had 100 challans due already when he checked the e-challan system," the TV report added.
The first challan is from October 2018. They are all of Rs200 each and the majority is for violating the Kingdom School Phase V signal. His most recent challan is due on August 23.
The vehicle and its papers have been seized by the traffic police. Lahore CTO Syed Hammad Abid asked people to follow and respect traffic laws.
A traffic challan is to be paid within 10 days of getting notice. Failing to pay means your vehicle can be impounded till payment.
- Suzuki likely to unveil 9th Generation Alto this year11:48 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan to create tech-based farms to promote exports11:04 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan’s UN envoy Munir intensified efforts to accomplish ...09:57 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- PAMI elects Prof Dr. Chaudhry Abdul Rehman as new president08:50 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- Queen Elizabeth strips disgraced Harvey Weinstein of top royal honour02:43 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- Asim Abbasi apologises for copying French artist Malika Favre's work ...02:30 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy roped in to co-direct a Marvel film01:48 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020