ATC grants bail to Khursheed Shah in corruption case
ISLAMABAD - An Anti-Terrorism Court (ATC) on Tuesday granted bail to PPP leader Khursheed Ahmed Shah in a case of alleged corruption being investigated by the National Accountability Bureau (NAB).
The accused, who was arrested in Septembe, has been granted bail against surety bonds worth Rs5 million.
The anti-graft watchdog launched an investigation against the former leader of the opposition in the National Assembly in August.
Shah is accused of holding benamidaar assets including bungalows, petrol pumps and hotels. NAB also alleged that Shah had allotted to himself an amnesty plot illegally from a cooperative society in Sukkur.
NAB Sukkur had summoned Shah through a letter, however, the PPP leader refused to appear before the investigation team.
On July 31, the NAB approved launching of an inquiry against Shah.
- Kashmiris set to observe Indian Republic Day as Black Day07:12 PM | 25 Jan, 2020
- Iran to host technology investors from 8 countries including Pakistan ...07:08 PM | 25 Jan, 2020
- China: Coronavirus death toll hits 4107:03 PM | 25 Jan, 2020
- Brad Pitt takes ownership of mistakes that ruined his and Aniston's ...01:55 PM | 25 Jan, 2020
- PISA 2020: Sajal Aly bags nomination for ‘Best TV Actress’ award01:45 PM | 25 Jan, 2020
- I’m sorry I take none of what you said seriously: Anupam Kher ...04:59 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019