ATC grants bail to Khursheed Shah in corruption case
ISLAMABAD - An Anti-Terrorism Court (ATC) on Tuesday granted bail to PPP leader Khursheed Ahmed Shah in a case of alleged corruption being investigated by the National Accountability Bureau (NAB).
The accused, who was arrested in Septembe, has been granted bail against surety bonds worth Rs5 million.
The anti-graft watchdog launched an investigation against the former leader of the opposition in the National Assembly in August.
Shah is accused of holding benamidaar assets including bungalows, petrol pumps and hotels. NAB also alleged that Shah had allotted to himself an amnesty plot illegally from a cooperative society in Sukkur.
NAB Sukkur had summoned Shah through a letter, however, the PPP leader refused to appear before the investigation team.
On July 31, the NAB approved launching of an inquiry against Shah.
- Pakistan strongly condemns anti-Islam Facebook post by Indian ...10:07 PM | 12 Aug, 2020
- Hafeez quarantined in England for taking photo with 90-year-old lady ...09:10 PM | 12 Aug, 2020
- Afghanistan thanks Pakistan Army chief for supporting reconciliation ...07:57 PM | 12 Aug, 2020
- Pakistan Railways changes routes of some Karachi-bound trains07:37 PM | 12 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020