Pak-Afghan border sealed at Torkham as suicide bombings jolt nation
Director General ISPR Major General Asif Ghafoor in a tweet on Thursday said, “Pakistan-Afghanistan Border is closed with immediate effects till further orders due to security reasons.”
Pakistan-Afghanistan Border closed with immediate effects till further orders due to security reasons.— DG ISPR (@OfficialDGISPR) February 16, 2017
The border is closed after a suicide bomber ripped through devotees at Sufi Saint Hazrat Lal Shahbaz Qalandar shrine in Sehwan Sharif, Sindh.
At least 74 people including women and children were martyred in the attack, the deadliest among the eight in five days.
Afghanistan based Pakistani Taliban faction Jamaat-ul-Ahrar has claimed responsibility for major attacks in Pakistan recently including the Lahore attack.
Tension between Pakistan and Afghanistan is likely to escalate following the tragic incidents and closure of Pak-Afghan border.
- Pakistan administers over 1 million COVID vaccines in a day12:48 PM | 3 Aug, 2021
- Sindh govt to bear medical expenses of Liaquat Ali Khan’s ailing son11:58 AM | 3 Aug, 2021
- Aamir Liaquat faces police complaint over lashing out at traffic cop ...10:55 AM | 3 Aug, 2021
- Turkey imposes 10-day mandatory quarantine for travellers from ...10:14 AM | 3 Aug, 2021
- Falak takes Sarah on shopping spree (VIDEO)09:00 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Prince Charming - Mahira Khan's first look from upcoming webseries ...05:50 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Sharmila Faruqui lashes out at Ayeza Khan’s controversial scene ...05:21 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021