Did You Know? BBC has declared Pakistani 'whitening creams' POISONOUS [BBC Video Included]
Capitalizing on creams that could become the primary causes of cancer, diabetes, severe skin conditions and what not, the Pakistani skin-whitening cream industry has flourished over the years, despite educated youth and the awareness campaigns against the use of these products.
According to a video by BBC, these whitening creams have hydroquinone and mercury, which may cause organ failure and cancer.
Among the list were these famous Pakistani brands: Faiza beauty cream, Golden Pearl and Stillman's.
The video states that 15 shopkeepers have been caught by London trading standards and fined 11,000 Pounds each.
“The courts are looking at this as a criminal activity as it's poisoning someone for profit. It’s not the kind of activity where people can think they can run a legitimate business and sell these kinds of products,” Cenred Elworthy said in the video.
- Sialkot airport closed for two weeks for runway repairs11:15 AM | 5 Dec, 2022
- Nawaz Sharif set to return to Pakistan to lead PML-N’s election ...10:32 AM | 5 Dec, 2022
- PAKvENG: Pakistan resume at 80-2, need 263 more to win Rawalpindi Test10:05 AM | 5 Dec, 2022
- Former Pakistan Navy chief Admiral Saeed Mohammad Khan passes away at ...09:42 AM | 5 Dec, 2022
- Rahat Fateh Ali Khan reveals why he was arrested in India09:41 PM | 4 Dec, 2022
- Aima Baig drops teaser of latest cover of "Kahani Suno"08:24 PM | 4 Dec, 2022
- Rabi Pirzada talks about whimsical social media trends and their ...07:52 PM | 4 Dec, 2022
- Karachi among world’s least expensive cities in new report09:30 PM | 2 Dec, 2022
- Timeline of Pakistan Army Generals during country’s 75 year-long ...10:28 AM | 29 Nov, 2022
- Only two Pakistani universities make it to Asia’s top 10003:15 PM | 10 Nov, 2022
- Pakistanis named among 'The World's Most Influential 500 Muslims'10:16 PM | 2 Nov, 2022