"Won't tolerate threats against Muslims": US authorities arrest man threatening mosque
Police officials confirmed that the man had posted threats against Idris mosque in Northgate on Facebook. He even announced that he had purchased an assault rifle and ammunition for the attack.
Police who apprehended him from his apartment in the 11700 block of Greenwood Avenue North were informed about the threats by an out-of-state friend of the suspect.
The suspect has also been involved in harassing another mosque and the police is investigating that case as well.
“We are prepared. The best we can do is inform people,” Hisham Farajallah, a spokesperson at Idris the mosque, said, adding that some mosque members have expressed fear and are being told to stay cautious.
Muslim community has lived in insecurity since Omar Mateen, a Muslim gunman, massacred some 50 people last Sunday at a club. The Islamic Community Center of Phoenix also received hate emails in the aftermath of the Orlando shootings.
US authorities have warned that threats against Muslims would not be tolerated, and will possibly be prosecuted.
- Woman heckles Ishaq Dar outside his house in London (VIDEO)09:57 PM | 25 Jan, 2021
- NAB chief says solid evidence of money laundering found against 'big ...09:42 PM | 25 Jan, 2021
- This Pakistani city will be the first to have coronavirus vaccines by ...09:17 PM | 25 Jan, 2021
- Top envoy confident about further strengthening ties with Pakistan on ...08:57 PM | 25 Jan, 2021
- Pehli Si Muhabbat crosses 2.2 million views in just one day after ...07:28 PM | 25 Jan, 2021
- #Cannoli – Islamabad café rebrands its logo after facing severe ...07:14 PM | 25 Jan, 2021
- Bollywood pours in best wishes for Mrs. and Mr. Varun Dhawan06:50 PM | 25 Jan, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Stars who turned down plastic surgery07:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021