State Bank limits free online transfers to Rs 25,000 per month
ISLAMABAD – The State Bank of Pakistan Wednesday announced to limit free interbank fund transfers to Rs25,000 a month.
According to the announcement made by the country’s central bank, the decision will take effect July 1. The rule was imposed back in March last year, and now the SBP allowed banks and other service providers to charge a minimal fee on high-value transactions while the low-income segments of the population will continue to use digital transactions free of cost.
2/2 For transactions above Rs25000 in a month, banks may charge, a transaction fee of 0.1% of the transaction amount or Rs200, whichever is lower. This will enable service providers to recover part of their costs and help them in building sustainable innovative business models.— SBP (@StateBank_Pak) June 16, 2021
During the first wave of pandemic last year, State Bank took a number of measures to stem the spread of the deadly virus and advised banks to offer free of cost Inter Bank Fund Transfer services to all their customers regardless of the size of the transaction.
‘For transactions above the aggregate limit, banks may charge individual customers a transaction fee of no more than 0.1% of the transaction amount or Rs200, whichever is lower,’ the State Bank said.
In a historic first, people with mental illness ... 07:58 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
KARACHI – The State Bank of Pakistan has come up with a progressive policy as it has allowed people with mental ...
Adding that, this will enable service providers to recover part of costs and build sustainable business models. Further, incoming interbank fund transfer transactions shall also remain free.”
- Wuhan to test entire population after virus resurfaces11:18 PM | 3 Aug, 2021
- PAKvWI: Final T20I between Pakistan-Windies reduced to nine overs due ...11:10 PM | 3 Aug, 2021
- China launches third multi-role warship for Pakistan10:46 PM | 3 Aug, 2021
- Pakistan gives up plan to host Afghan leaders for peace09:46 PM | 3 Aug, 2021
- What made Sara Ali Khan apologise to her parents?06:24 PM | 3 Aug, 2021
- Mehwish Hayat confirms playing Benazir Bhutto in upcoming biopic05:25 PM | 3 Aug, 2021
- Nora Fatehi stuns fans with alluring dance moves on ‘Disco ...05:04 PM | 3 Aug, 2021
- Kabul security team gets briefing on alleged abduction of Afghan ...11:34 AM | 3 Aug, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021