Bhakkar: Dog gets death sentence for biting child
Assistant Commissioner Saleem said that the sentence was announced on humanitarian grounds. “The dog injured the child hence it should be killed,” Saleem ruled.
The owner of the dog approached the Additional Deputy Commissioner against the ruling.
Jameel, the owner of the dog, said the decision was against the norms of justice since he had already spent a week in a prison after the family of the injured child lodged a case against him.
"The affected child's family registered a case against my dog, following which it completed a one-week prison sentence. Any further punishment for it would be unfair," the dog's owner Jamil said.
He added that he would knock on the doors of all courts to get justice for his pet.
- Japan pledges nearly $39 million in assistance for Pakistan’s flood ...11:18 PM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Bangladesh stun India to clinch ODI series10:57 PM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Afghan Taliban publicly execute man for the first time since ...10:24 PM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Fire guts scores of stalls in Islamabad’s Sunday market09:44 PM | 7 Dec, 2022
- PM's son Suleman Shehbaz set to return home after four years in ...09:26 PM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Newlyweds Azlan Shah and Warisha Khan share their beautiful love story09:00 PM | 7 Dec, 2022
- ‘The Legend of Maula Jatt’ becomes Google’s most searched movie ...06:38 PM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Hira Mani slays fashion goals with friends in latest video07:57 PM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Top 10 most searched people on Google in Pakistan in 202206:07 PM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Pakistan's first female Supreme Court judge earns place in BBC '100 ...01:24 PM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Karachi among world’s least expensive cities in new report09:30 PM | 2 Dec, 2022
- Timeline of Pakistan Army Generals during country’s 75 year-long ...10:28 AM | 29 Nov, 2022