Bhakkar: Dog gets death sentence for biting child
Assistant Commissioner Saleem said that the sentence was announced on humanitarian grounds. “The dog injured the child hence it should be killed,” Saleem ruled.
The owner of the dog approached the Additional Deputy Commissioner against the ruling.
Jameel, the owner of the dog, said the decision was against the norms of justice since he had already spent a week in a prison after the family of the injured child lodged a case against him.
"The affected child's family registered a case against my dog, following which it completed a one-week prison sentence. Any further punishment for it would be unfair," the dog's owner Jamil said.
He added that he would knock on the doors of all courts to get justice for his pet.
- Ex-PM Imran Khan faces arrest after warrants issued06:47 PM | 1 Oct, 2022
- PAKvENG: Shaun Tait’s hilarious reaction after Pakistan defeat goes ...06:12 PM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Army joins hunt for kidnappers of Pakistani businessman in Uganda05:41 PM | 1 Oct, 2022
- 'Javed Iqbal: The Untold Story Of A Serial Killer' selected for DC ...04:14 PM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022