Pakistan deplores US veto on UN call for Gaza carnage probe
NEW YORK - Pakistan has expressed full support for any move of the Organisation of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) to highlight the plight of the Palestinians, besides deploring the UN Security Council failure to slam brutalities of Israeli forces along Gaza border.
Referring to the US move, Pakistan’s permanent representative at the UN Maleeha Lodhi deplored that a country has again vetoed the unanimous call of the other 14 UNSC members to investigate the killing at least 61 Palestinians along the by Israeli forces.
The UNSC draft said, "The Security Council expresses its outrage and sorrow at the killing of Palestinian civilians exercising their right to peaceful protest," adding, "The Security Council calls for an independent and transparent investigation into these actions to ensure accountability."
The U.S. has used its veto power 43 times against UN resolutions concerning Israel .
Speaking at an emergency meeting of OIC ambassadors at the UN, Lodi described a call by some countries for both sides to exercise "restraint" a "disingenuous attempt" to equate the occupying power with the Palestinians.
He also took on the US for shifting its embassy to Jerusalem from Tel Aviv, terming it violation of international law contravention of the UN Charter's prohibition of the forcible acquisition of territory.
They OIC members also gravely undermined any prospect of a two-state solution in the Middle East.
At least 61 people have been killed by the Israeli military and more than 2,700 injured along the Gaza border on Monday, health officials said, as the US officially moves its embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem.
At least 61 killed by Israeli forces in Gaza ... 08:15 AM | 15 May, 2018
GAZA CITY - At least 61 people have been killed by the Israeli military and more than 2,700 injured along the Gaza ...
On Wednesday, Lodhi said: “Pakistan condemns the massacre of Palestinians and calls on the United Nations to conduct an independent investigation into the tactics used by Israeli forces”.
Pakistan condemns Israel’s state terrorism in ... 02:41 PM | 16 May, 2018
NEW YORK - Pakistan has strongly condemned Israel’s acts of state terrorism in Gaza, which had claimed the lives of ...
“Israel is already an occupying power and peace has not been restored in the Middle East because of it. No condemnation is enough of the brutal massacre of women and children by Israeli forces,” she added.
- Pakistan set to launch first-ever national emigration policy08:24 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Federal cabinet rejects Mushtaq Mahar's name as Sindh IGP after ...08:06 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Drinking water case: SC dissolves Sindh Water Commission06:59 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- SBP key policy rate remains unchanged at 13.25 percent05:15 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Why Miley Cyrus missed the 2020 Grammy Awards?03:58 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Rabi Pirzada performs Umrah03:38 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Ayeza Khan says she wanted to redefine the role of a 'heroine' ...03:25 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019