Islamabad mayor suspended over corruption charges
ISLAMABAD - The federal government on Sunday suspended Mayor Metropolitan Corporation of Islamabad (MCI) Sheikh Anser Aziz over corruption charges.
The interior ministry issued a notification after federal cabinet gave the approval to remove Mayor Islamabad Sheikh Anser Aziz from the post.
Mayor Sheikh Anser is accused of alleged misappropriation of funds by awarding a contract for inter-city bus service to a company of his choice.
It must be noted that Local Government Commission (LGC) Friday recommended suspending Mayor of Islamabad Sheikh Anser Aziz on account of miss use of powers.
An important meeting of the LGC was held here under the chairmanship of MNA Ali Nawaz Awan.
During the meeting, Chief Metropolitan Officer Syeda Shafaq presented a corruption reference of Rs40 million pertaining to intercity transport stops against the mayor.
After the commission members’ voting, chairman Ali Nawaz Awan recommended the suspension of the mayor to the interior ministry.
- PM Imran Khan launches Nandana Fort as heritage site tomorrow11:59 PM | 27 Feb, 2021
- Karachi man who orchestrated 'revenge rape' attack detained10:42 PM | 27 Feb, 2021
- PSL 2021, Match 10 – Peshawar Zalmi beat Islamabad United by 6 ...10:16 PM | 27 Feb, 2021
- Bilal Saeed's 'Baari' crosses 100 million views milestone on Youtube08:56 PM | 27 Feb, 2021
- 'Chaar Darkht' – Ali Gul Pir trolls India in #FantasticTeaDay video05:14 PM | 27 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021