Islamabad mayor suspended over corruption charges
ISLAMABAD - The federal government on Sunday suspended Mayor Metropolitan Corporation of Islamabad (MCI) Sheikh Anser Aziz over corruption charges.
The interior ministry issued a notification after federal cabinet gave the approval to remove Mayor Islamabad Sheikh Anser Aziz from the post.
Mayor Sheikh Anser is accused of alleged misappropriation of funds by awarding a contract for inter-city bus service to a company of his choice.
It must be noted that Local Government Commission (LGC) Friday recommended suspending Mayor of Islamabad Sheikh Anser Aziz on account of miss use of powers.
An important meeting of the LGC was held here under the chairmanship of MNA Ali Nawaz Awan.
During the meeting, Chief Metropolitan Officer Syeda Shafaq presented a corruption reference of Rs40 million pertaining to intercity transport stops against the mayor.
After the commission members’ voting, chairman Ali Nawaz Awan recommended the suspension of the mayor to the interior ministry.
- Emirates announces first annual loss in 30 years11:59 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Pakistan allows AstraZeneca shots for expats under 4010:04 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Two injured as PTI, PML-N lawmakers toss copies of budget book at ...09:27 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Feroze Khan opens up about second marriage04:07 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Mehwish Hayat wants the Muslim misrepresentation in movies to change05:10 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Lost Cause - Alizeh Shah is a Billie Eilish fan girl03:21 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021